ALTERNATOR UPGRADE from ACURA LEGEND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALTERNATOR UPGRADE from ACURA LEGEND

Alternator came from 91-95 Acura Legend, 5 rib pulley.
    It is a 110amp alternator.
    Grind the bottom of the top bracket(it will hit the alternator body) and drill a hole on the top bracket.

Use a m12 bolt(with split lock washer and thick washer) to the upper hole of the alternator.

Grind the bottom of the alternator hole so it could slide to the right. The top mounting hole will hit the top bracket, grinding is necessary.

Reuse the stock belt. Slide the belt to the pulley in an angle without the bottom bolt attached yet. After belt is in, maneuver the mount and the hole to line up so the long bolt can go in...

Im now getting constant 14.6volts at idle.

Im working on rewiring the 4 pin plug, Im showing a battery icon on my dash.
    Aside from that everything is working.
    I will update once i got time to work on that.

Thats it! Good Luck...

Attached Files

Do you have pictures of the face of both alternator bodies.? Might have been able to just swap the windings from the Legend into the Teg body, instead of cutting up stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalsJunkie View Post
      Do you have pictures of the face of both alternator bodies.? Might have been able to just swap the windings from the Legend into the Teg body, instead of cutting up stuff.
      They are different sizes... Legend is lot bigger than our DA. Your idea was my first idea till i actually saw the physical difference...

Comment

What was the basis for wanting the extra amperage? I'm not sure why you stated the constant voltage in your first post.
        NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
        ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Originally posted by N FUL FX View Post
          What was the basis for wanting the extra amperage? I'm not sure why you stated the constant voltage in your first post.
          Many cars, especially older ones like ours, don't charge full voltage at idle. That's why you might see cars at a stop light with their headlights kind of dim or flickering. I can visually see my headlights dim, when I hit the brake pedal at idle. In my case, it probably has more to do with a (many) dirty grounds or corroded old connections.

Comment

Working...
          X