No announcement yet.

ALTERNATOR UPGRADE from ACURA LEGEND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify this alternator swap , I've had the legend alternator on my car for a few months now. What needs to be done is to slot the holes on the upper alternator bracket in order to allow the top alternator bolt to line up. I also swapped alternator pulleys in order to keep the 4 rib. No other physical mods to the alternator are required. However, the battery light was still a problem, and even more serious, the alternator will not charge at high rpms. Many people probably would not notice this but its very apparent when dataloging. Caused me issues on the dyno. The fix for this is to de-pin the alternator plug and insert a wire with the matching female pin into the empty hole on the plug. The da runs a 3 wire alternator where the legend requires 4. Once you find the proper wire to insert, you tap this wire into the yellow/black wire on the harness. This will send power to the required spot on the alternator and will fix the charging/battery light issue. Hope this helps people in the future

Comment

Here is a quick photo of the plug modded.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by b20ricepower View Post
        Here is a quick photo of the plug modded.
        What wire did you tap the yellow/black wire?
        i took the battery bulb light on my cluster for now...lol

Comment

Working...
        X