No announcement yet.

Help! 90 integra GS wont blow any air!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing this back. I have a problem where the blower works fine for about 30 minutes, then dies down to a very minimal blow. You can still hear the blower running full blast but very little air comes out. The knob still works and you can hear the different speeds and the different levels, so to me that means the resistor is fine, but the fan motor itself is going out. However, the problem is sporadic. I'm going to pull out the motor this weekend to see if I can replicate the problem.
    NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
    ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Upon further review, I can feel air (not cold) coming out from the passenger side and the "box" that is right above the knees is dripping wet. So I don't think it's the fan. But now I'm really confused. I haven't pulled anything out. I'm also noticing that the vent selector doesn't seem to be doing much. But I still don't know why it works when the car first turns on, then it slowly dies to no air flowing out the vents, but it's blowing down on the passenger side only. I'm going to try to remove things on Thursday.
      ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

This may have been due to a ghetto-rigged switch bypass line that the mechanic did. He put a wire into the blower connection, and ran it to the compressor and one cooling fan. I removed all that nonsense over the weekend. It turned out my A/C switch was faulty (I've been through 3, since I've had the car. One was new. It appears to be a bad design.) Anyway, the mechanic obviously didn't check the switch to notice it was faulty, but I replaced it with a known good switch and I haven't had the low fan issue since. On a side note, I'm also having an ICU problem so that could have been related to this.

Comment

Working...
        X