led headlights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• led headlights

Has anyone bought led headlights for the jdm 1 piece.
    I know you won't find led h4h lights but I've seen people retro fit the h4h bracket into the h4 bulb so I figured it's kinda the same for led headlights.

A buddy of mine owns an led business, and he has shown interest in producing the h4h configuration. Problem is at the moment I am still on the market trying to find a reg. Once I find one I will get this going. So it is dependent on that. I will keep you posted.
    MANGO POWER!!!

sigpic

It is MY CREATION.

Comment

Won't the heat sink straps / base make it a bit cumbersome? It would eat up a fair amount of real estate behind the housing.
      NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
      Sep 2015 ODOMETER: ~555K km / ~345K miles.
      ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

There's different types with different size heat sinks.
        look them up

Comment

OK so my led Cree chipped light bulbs came in today. Thayer actually cost less than the halogen h4h bulbs.
          I retro fit them in my jdm 1 piece and they fit nice and snug in place without and space issues. Took me like 30min to get them in and mounted.
          So I bought the h4 bulbs since my harness is already fitted for the jdm 1 pc headlights.
          they Com in as a plug and play kit.
          they have a removable sleeve that hold the 3 prong h4h mounting bracket.
          I so I removed the metal 3 prong bracket then trimmed down the small tabs the hold the screwed bracket leaving it perfectly round.

then I removed the adjustable 3 prong bracket from my h4h bulbs and slipped it over the removable sleeve that we just trimmed down to remove the tabs.

once it's on it won't come off. So make sure you test fit everything so it lines up and dead center. The led chips should point left and right not up or down.

once ready and everything is checked the secure the outer sleeve with the new h4h prong in the headlight, then you just line up the bulb behind it. Push it in and twist to lock and done.

I did have to trim the rear dust boot a bit since it does need enough space to vent and circulate air to cool.

hook up the plugs and zip tie anything loose and done. The kit is water proof.

pics failed.
          Last edited by da6xsi06; 15 Jan 2017, 18:38:02.

Comment

how was the lighting?

Comment

It's 10x better. The enter install war really easy.
              you basically use the 3 prong front your h4h halogen bulbs and slip it over to the led. Only thing I'd you have to buy the led that hold the h4 3 prong bracket with two small screws. Then you remove the bracket and shave down the tabs so you can slip the h4h ring on it.

Comment

Do you have any pictures of the light output up against a wall?

Comment

Originally posted by boltonhonda View Post
                  Do you have any pictures of the light output up against a wall?
                  interested too, because usually an led replacement into a halogen reflector housing emits the output everywhere. Looks like a blob on the wall, no cutoff. Maybe not since he stated that the led diodes need to be facing left to right.

Comment

Working...
                  X