Paint Texture?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Texture?!

I am painting my new front bumper and my shaved antenna area. My question is, when I spray the paint top coat it dries somewhat textured and rough. Will this go away and become smooth like the rest of the car when I wetsand with 2000 grit and use a rubbing compund and finishing glaze?

Mike

2000 won't do anything but remove light scratches and swirl marks if followed by buffing with a super fine compound grit. If you are using one stage paint, wetsanding with 600 and light pressure applied might smooth it out a bit, followed by wet 1500, then the wet 2000 and finally the compound. (3M makes finishing compunds)

If you are clear coating, use wet 600 grit, then spray water on it. The water will simulate how your paint will look with clear coat. If you're satisfied, clear coat away!

If the clear coat looks rough, use wet 1500 until you see all the imperfections go away (using the water trick above). Once that is OK, wetsand with 2000. It might not FEEL like much different from the 1500, but if you think about it, that's a 500 grit difference.

ENJOY THE FUMES:p
    Chris: S I L V E R B L U E I N T E G updates

"Power and speed are ma'ns obsession. We are in ecstatic with the technology. Trust in out dreams." --KAAZ
    [email protected]

Team Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by DA Kine

ENJOY THE FUMES:p

i learned something new.. the water trick
      thanks DA Kine

Comment

Working...
      X