Primer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer

My trunk started peeling and now my trunk is just grey. My question is, is this gray like a primer or something? since my car is white i was just gonna primer the trunk with white primer. Do i need to sand down the trunk first? and will primer withstand rain and weather and all that? Thanks

i suggest that u do sand it down before u paint it. primer wont stand the rain & harsh weather that well. it will hold it's ground for a while, but it'll just start fading and/or staining (stains in the primer)

Comment

is there anyway to prevent it from staining? clear coating or something along the lines of that?

Comment

Primer absorbs moisture. So if you primer it, and can't afford to get it painted or whatever, just buy some white spray bombs and do it yourself. That will certainly help things.
        Wray

Comment

Originally posted by 90RioGS
          , just buy some white spray bombs and do it yourself. .

what are those?
          Last edited by tegboi; 03 Jun 2003, 00:24:22.

Comment

spray paint
            Wray

Comment

uhh... i knew that.. yea.. hahahaha

Comment

Would i have to prime it first, and then spray paint over it and then a gloss finish on top of that leaving me with three layers of 3 different things?

Comment

Well the clearcoat is optional. If it's just a temporary fix, you really don't need the clearcoat. You'll still need primer though or the paint won't stick.
                  Wray

Comment

Well this has to last as long as possible.........will the clearcoat stand up to weathering and stuff?? and can you guys recomend any good spraypaints, primers or clear coats? i assume its all the spray stuff right? sorry i've never done this before...

Comment

as long as u dont go super cheap.. like some of those 98 cent for a can of black spraypaint might be good.. but i'd be scepticle.. i might end up doing that.. but for clear coat.. i think u should go with good names.. if the undercoats are okay jobs.. then the top coat is a good brand job.. then i think it should hold pretty well..

Comment

Keep in mind that mixing brands may cause a chemical reaction and make the paint bubble; that's why "paint systems" exist. All the chemicals used in the system are compatible with each other.
                        Chris: S I L V E R B L U E I N T E G updates

"Power and speed are ma'ns obsession. We are in ecstatic with the technology. Trust in out dreams." --KAAZ
                        [email protected]

Team Shocker

Comment

in the new HCI mag.. july 2003.. there are 75 tips to prep & paint. i got it, and it does have alot of great info.. it's only 3.99.. u guys can afford it and not get the whopper meal at bk..

hey DA Kine - what game is that cheat for? (in your sig.. )

Comment

Working...
                          X