This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MIKE
    Thats good that you are stepping up man, other G2 guys can definately use your assistance. But just make sure you cover your tracks when tunning other peoples cars. Because alot of people bring tuners cars with issues and expect a miracle. Make yourself a check list that should be followed by guys that want to get their cars tunned.

Like:

- TPS should be set properly (.9 at idle 4.5 or higher WOT) or that will jack up tunning
    -must have a boost guage that reads vaccum (healthy motors idles between 16 to 20 inches of vaccum)
    -no vaccum leaks (idles around 10 to 0 inches of vaccum)
    -proper compression in all cylinders (because you don't want someone blaming you for something they caused long before you tunned it).
    -timing should be set correctly, along with cam timing
    -must have a functional adjustable fuel pressure reg/ or a good stock one if thats what your comfortable with.
    -a proper exhaust system (lots of plugged cats on cars and guys don't realize that)
    -must have proper working guages
    -must check codes before bringing it aswell, no sense in wasting your time with something you can't fix (unless you roll with a ton of sensors and other stuff to fix problems)
    -must know the comp they are working with (seriously you would be surprised to see how many people actually don't know)
    -must have a decent fuel system to support the mods done
    -must have a good clutch

With that being said, Good luck to ya, but watch your back and make sure all is good before committing yourself. Cause some people will drag your name all over the net with negitive remarks to tarnish your ability to tune when in actual fact there car was not ready for tunning because of issues. Keep us posted on your quest.
    MIKE,

Thanks for the words of advice...I do want to be pretty stringent on who and what I tune. That's why I only tune OBD0 for now and stick to my guns when it comes to travel and pricing...

Maurice was a friend before and I'm glad he is happy for sure! Thanks for the props!

Keep in mind that NONE of this could be done without the efforts of www.pgmfi.org and Jason Parker (TurboEF9) with www.turboedit.org

MIKE, I only wish we were closer...I would love to help you out with ZDYNE since your posts and help throughout my build more than anyone could ask...thanks!
    www.xenocron.com

All of the sites you can find me on:
    | Honda Tech | Home Made Turbo | VW Vortex | Innovative Forums | PGMFI | EFI101 |

Comment

Now offering TurboEdit and Uberdata ECU Chipping Kits as well for good prices.

$23 - OBD1 Uberdata Kit

$21 - OBD0 TurboEdit Kit
      www.xenocron.com

| Honda Tech | Home Made Turbo | VW Vortex | Innovative Forums | PGMFI | EFI101 |

Comment

Hey fellas, Im in Canada and I have a soon 2 be turbocharged 92 intergra(b18a1). I have a T3 turbo of a twin turbo 300zx (some people say its a T25, but the turbine flange is a T3), precision intercooler 26x6x3.5(support 350 hp) a custom made mild steel manifold, and 450 dsm injectors. I was wondering whats the best way to tune the car, Should I just get an apex S-afc or would the turboedit stuff work better?

Comment

Uberdata..and you will need a resistor box for those dsm 450s..

Comment

I already know how to wire up the injectors, Its the tuning aspect Im concerned about. I mean I dont know anything bout uberdata or turbo edit. And what is ecu control?

Ive been reading on all of these websites, but I still dont get it. This is what I would like to know. I know these are all software programs that allow u to change fuel and timing maps. What I need to know is that which one will be the better choice for a 92 Integra rs(b18a1) and what parts I need to get to be able to tune from my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by maxboost
              I already know how to wire up the injectors, Its the tuning aspect Im concerned about. I mean I dont know anything bout uberdata or turbo edit. And what is ecu control?

Ive been reading on all of these websites, but I still dont get it. This is what I would like to know. I know these are all software programs that allow u to change fuel and timing maps. What I need to know is that which one will be the better choice for a 92 Integra rs(b18a1) and what parts I need to get to be able to tune from my laptop.
              Turboedit is for 90-91s...Uberdata is for 92-93 G2s

Check out the Uberdata forums, you'll get good info there.

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata
              www.xenocron.com

Comment

Wow thats alot of info and it really cleared up alot of my questions. There is one thing I dont quite understand though. Now Uberdata has datalogging capabilities and this is for tuning on the dyno right? So is Uberdata different from turboedit and I dont need to buy an eprom programmer?

Comment

You still need a eprom programmer and you can datalog on a dyno or the street...it doesnt matter as long as you have a good WB O2 to tune with.
                  www.xenocron.com

Comment

Is Burn1 a good programmer? I know its cheap but is it any good and especially for my application (92 integra, b18a1(obd1)) I also been looking at Chrome and I think it has datalogging and RTP, and its also for obd1. Im not sure if Uberdata has RTP, but Ill check. Now can I use both of these rom editors on the same modded ecu or is the hardware different for each of them or does it require different type of modding? Also another thing is Can an EGT gauge tune just as accurately as a WB?

Comment

EGT is not a tuning gauge...dont waste your money.

You can use Crome or Uberdat for your OBD1 vehicle. They are just computer programs (ROM Editors). They make editing the file you burn onto a chip that you put in the ECU easier to work with.

I have heard good things about the BURN1 burner. If I were to buy one right now it would probably be that one.

I have the XTRONICS from www.transtronics.com
                      www.xenocron.com

Comment

ecu

I checked out that site and now I have another question. I know a ROMulator is for RTP, but does this also burn the program onto the chip as well? Or do I need both an Eprom burner and a ROMulator for RTP and burning?

Comment

Both...unless you just leave the ROMulator in the car at all times. I believe the battery lasts for approximately a year.
                          www.xenocron.com

Comment

cool, I guess I'll do without the ROMulator for now. Im boosting on a budget and can the results with just a burner and the modded ecu support my 250whp goal. I recently picked up a ct26 turbo from an 89 supra (this thing is huge, kinda like a T4) so Im not using the nissan T3 anymore. I have 450 dsm injectors and precision intercooler(26.75"x6"x3.5") I need to get another manifold made now, but not till I sell the other manifold and turbo.

Comment

Xenocron, I think I read your specs that you dynoed at 13PSI? if so, how did you boost past 11psi cause I thought you were no stock mape sensor and sice stock is 1.5Bar that's like11psi about? or am I mistaken. I'm just about to go and upt my boosted PR4 in my car to run the b16.

Comment

I ran 13psi even though the stock MAP only goes to 9.6 psi in a OBD0 car (1.75 BAR)

Basically I richened up the last few columns and monitored it with my wideband. 11.5 - 12.0 afrs from 4400 rpms to redline.
                                www.xenocron.com

Comment

Working...
                                X