O-ring between head and block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-ring between head and block?

Putting together a B18C1, the shop manual shows an o ring where i see a circle indentation in the block and says to replace.. but it also shows the "orifice" being removable.. anyways i have the o ring but i really dont think it belongs anymore.. seeing as the shop manual also shows the dowels being on the wrong side i figure it may be wrong

can someone shed some light on this, i dont think i need the o ring there, and dont think that piece in the block comes out but input from someone more knowledgeable would be great

shop manual

block along with the o ring

o ring next to where it would go in HG

and no, i wont be using that HG

The Oil Control Orifice does indeed come out of the block, as the manual shows. There is a machined groove in the body of the orifice that the o-ring will fit in.

So the o-ring will sit between the block and the oil orifice.

I've seen a couple motors where the orifice had threads that a bolt could thread into & pull the orifice out.. some you just have to gently pry. Even if there isn't threads, a bolt might help you get some proper leverage. Or, you could just leave the old o-ring installed?

Either way, yes there is an o-ring there.. yes the oil control orifice is removable.

Comment

ahh thank u.

it just really didnt/doesnt look like that thing comes out!
      i guess i can see where it separates

but yeah ill leave it alone, when i placed my order for seals i wanted to make sure i got them all since i was ordering from the states and didnt look close enough at the diagram to realize it sits UNDER that thing

either way, question is answered. thanks

Comment

Working...
      X