No announcement yet.

85mm b18c

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on which sleeves you go with.. 85-86mm is about as far as most people go.

Comment

LOL @ a stock bore, stock rotating assembly, stock itr header, stock intake mani b18c making 235whp.

Comment

Originally posted by G2guru View Post
        85mm bore on stock sleeves is NOT possible. I have myself have a 85.5mm B18C pushing 250 at the wheels.

B18C1 Block w/ 85.5mm Golden Eagle Godzilla Sleeves
        ITR Crank
        Eagle GSR Rods
        Arias 85.5mm 12:1 CR Pistons
        Stock Honda Rod and Main Bearings
        P73 Head with Portflow Headwork, Toda Valve Springs, and Crower Titanium Retainers
        Toda Spec B Cams
        ITR Intake Manifold
        RC 70mm ITR Throttle Body
        RC 310cc Injectors
        Toda Spec 1 header
        Resonated Test Pipe
        RS*R Exmag Exhaust
        AEM EMS

It's not a simple as buying a bunch of parts and slapping them together. It's tuning, tuning, and more tuning. Get out your wallet and best of luck.

NICE. That build is all business. I'm doing a mild build in a few months. JDM ITR pistons and cams/valve-train in a JDM B18C (non Type-R). With a mildly ported intake side, and a port matched first gen Skunk2 Intake Manifold, I'm hoping to break into the upper 180's with mine. If I hit the 190's, I won't be mad about it Will be tuning with Hondata s300 at CNC Engine Dynamics in Winchester, VA. These guys are doing absolutely top tier work.

/thread jack...
        back on topic. 84 is kind of an "absolute limit" on stock sleeves, and that is something I wouldn't mess with, either. If I was building a motor and needed that kind of a bore, I'd have it sleeved. No question about it. If I bored out my B18C, I wouldn't do any more than I had to. I MIGHT toy with 82mm, just to ensure I had plenty of room to clean up if I ever needed to rebuild and re-bore it somewhere down the road. For now, I'll stick with the factory 81mm and have a Coke and a smile.
        sigpic
        **follow my build thread**

Comment

Yeah.. I had my factory sleeved block bored to 81.5mm just to make sure the cylinders were perfectly round. High-mileage blocks are apt to having 'oval' shaped cylinders due to the motion of the rotating assembly.

But its not a good idea to go much further on stock sleeves. If you need more displacement just save yourself the headache and do it right the first time.

Comment

I'm thinking of building this JDM R block I have for my DA. Probably going to bore it out to 83mm with 11.5:1-12:1 CP pistons. I'm not sure which one yet but it will be a good build

Comment

Originally posted by Deceptakhan View Post
              LOL @ a stock bore, stock rotating assembly, stock itr header, stock intake mani b18c making 235whp.
              +1

Comment

Then could his heating issues be from something else not just tbe 86mm bore sleeves

Comment

Working...
                X