Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

speedo cable pops out on hydraulic b16 tranny??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo cable pops out on hydraulic b16 tranny??

yea i have a hydraulic b16 tranny mated to usdm gsr and it pops out in 5th gear everytime... i have the gold clip, rubber boot, its guided pretty good, even guided by the black clip near the top of the intake manifold and a new speedo cable but i can only get it to stay in half the time and never stays in during 5th gear... im not sure what to do or how to fix it... any help would be great... this drives me crazy lol

It just sounds like the cable isn't being fully inserted into the VSS, or the old retaining clip is too weak..

When I changed from my power-steering-assisted (oem) vss to a JDM one, the difference in height made the cable fit VERY tightly, as the US-spec DA vss is a bit taller. It kept popping out until I got a new clip. And it was a stretch to get the cable to 'click' in place. Haven't had a problem since.

Comment

the clip is brand new... the gold one thats got three curves on one side and straight on the other side..ill post pics to give you a better idea... it used to be way worse then i rerouted the cable a different route to give it more play..

it has the rubber clamp and the clip inside the clamp... is that how yours is???

Comment

Mine has the gold clip, and just the rubber boot that slides over to keep debris out.. the only thing that 'secures' the cable inside the vss is the gold clip.

Comment

is your gold clip inside the boot??? also is the boot narrow side down or up??? like a top hat facing down or up lol??

Comment

I just slid the boot down over the clip.. narrow side up, big side down.

Comment

thanks unified.. im going to take it out tomorrow and see if i can get it to fit better tomorrow...

Comment

i have no clips and the speed sencore is not even screwd down and it never pops out. does it pop out when your shifting or 1s ur already driving in gear?

Comment

it pops when its in gear and seems to only in 5th like that other times it pops after i run it through the gears all the way through the powerband.. then ill try after that and it hits the two step..

Comment

Working...
                  X