Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help With 2.5" Header - Skunk2 Alpha 12-05-1900 Interferes with Crossmember

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With 2.5" Header - Skunk2 Alpha 12-05-1900 Interferes with Crossmember

Does anyone know of a 2.5" header that fits our cars? The Skunk2 Alpha V2 12-05-1902 looks like it might fit but I would like to know if anyone is aware of a 2.5" header that won't interfere with the forward crossmember.

Thanks
    Attached Files
    '93 LS #67-STS/IC/ Solo - S ITC
    '90 RS #25-ITA/H4 Under construction
    [email protected]

You can notch the cross member. A lot of members here have. Your other option is to replace the cross member, with an aftermarket traction bar. They're usually less than 2inches thick compared to the OEM cross member, which is 6+ inches.
    Parts 4 Sale

TT coming soon

Comment

Thanks, I'm not sure notching the crossmember would be legal my racing class or if I'm comfortable with that. The aftermarket traction bar would be a cool idea but that is definitely not legal for the class I race in. I went ahead and ordered the V2 Skunk2 Alpha Header 412-05-1902. I'll update this with whether or not it fits once it arrives.

[email protected]

Comment

I have a Hedman 4-1 header I bought a decade ago and just put it on my GSR swap in my da9. Now, with that specific one I had to notch really far. If I remember, I'll upload a pic for you tomorrow. Post pics of yours installed, once you get it!
        Parts 4 Sale

TT coming soon

Comment

Yea I would recommend something like a traction bar I had have a few dif styles, for me I liked the full race one. It works great and is better to me then notching a stock one,my car also for it being lowered helps protect my car from the oil pan slamming down but most importantly give me a lot of room for my header

Comment

What racing class? I know in road racing, for example in Honda Challenge, notching the crossmember is acceptable, specifically for header/engine clearances.

Reference: Mine is cut to fit a Hytech header.
            Current Car

Comment

The Skunk2 Alpha V2 header didn't fit. It was actually worse than the original V1. Racing class is SCCA ITA which doesn't have a specific allowance for notching the crossmember for header clearance. I think I'm going to try the PLM TA header next. In pictures it looks like it has a good chance of fitting.
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X