Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

automatic to manual swap (auto - 5spd conversion writeup)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When i did mine i didn't use a manual engine harness so i'm not sure about that wiring. I ran wire from the sensor to the 2 wires directly to into the car to the shift selector. I was following the wiring set up that was on honda tech. unfortunately the 2 wires that ended up being the reverse light on the shift selector wasn't the 2 wires that were used on the write up. So it's possible it's not the right ground?

What i ended up doing was with the trans in reverse, taking the wires from the trans, and hooking it up to each of the shift selector wires until i found the right combo. For me the shift selector wires that engaged the reverse lights were green/black and yellow/red. Also the lights won't turn on unless the car is in the II position or "on" position i believe if you look at the ignition.

Comment

• figured it out. I didn't have the two ground wires on the 12 pin connector tied together. I thought I had it but on 4th look, nope my jumper wire had fallen out. Will be soldering that as well over the weekend.
      Originally posted by jdecks23
      Especially in the Honda scene where people are cheap, do things in distaste and move on quickly. It takes a real tuner to have a vision and make it a reality. There is no better feeling than looking at your own car and feeling like "damn this is exactly what I wanted it to be." In my mind real tuners build timeless cars - not trendy ones, that means it will give you and observers the same feeling over time whether it's 3 or 20 years from now.

Comment

• Sweet glad you figured it out.

Comment

• I totally bypassed the stock harness for the back up lights and wired in a new relay. The trickiest part was finding the wire in the trunk that feeds power to the reverse lights. I used the connector behind the rear passenger set and ran a new wire from there to the engine bay. I found the two wires coming out of the reverse light switch and wired those to the relay. One wire to positive terminal on battery and the other to a ground into the correct connectors on the relay. Then I wired the new wire and ground wire the same way into the other two connections on the relay.

This is the relay I used : 330-073_HR_0.jpg It's a Bosch 5 pin relay.

Comment

• Having probs with the

Comment

• Having probs with the clutch cable it

Comment

• I'm planning swapping a Y80 manual transmission in it. The only part I'm have a little bit of trouble with is the intermediate shaft. I would like to know if I am able to use 3rd gen integra axles and intermediate shaft since I am having a difficult time finding an intermediate shaft for the 2nd gen. I have read this whole thread and just want somemore clarification. I would also appreciate links or suggestions on where to get an intermediate shaft.

Comment

Working...
                X