Who benefits w/ S100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DA6_v8killa View Post
    I have quick question...I'm thinking of purchasing the s300 for my jdm b16, which comes with the jdm ecu...and i saw it on the hondata site that they have the s300 which is for u.s. and the s300j for jdm...so i was wondering if you or anyone could tell me if i should get the s300 or s300j??? let me know thanx..
    look on there website, it says specifly if you have a jdm ecu you need the s300j. the cases are different so im assuming that plays a big part in the size of the s300 circuit board size

to the person that asked about the aem uego. honda recomends the PLX, but many people have and are using the AEM setup. Some with problems some with out. from reading the hondata boards most problems stem from installion mistakes. I plan on using the AEM guage and dont have worries about it.

Comment

Originally posted by viprtwo View Post
      s100 and s200 are basically the same thing, s200 requires a blue box though, alowing you to datalog and do some other things. once yo uare done, you can disconect the blue box and its the same as the s100.
      so what your saying is that you only need the s200 unit mounted on the ecu, when your tuning it, and once your done tuning the car, you can remove the blue box from the ecu and run the honda ecu by its self?

Comment

Originally posted by jtkc View Post
        so what your saying is that you only need the s200 unit mounted on the ecu, when your tuning it, and once your done tuning the car, you can remove the blue box from the ecu and run the honda ecu by its self?
        S100 is hardly ever supported anymore by most shops.
        For the most part it would be easier and better just to pull the s100 chip off the board and use a regular chip and tune it on crome.
        Make sure to add 4pin datalog cable port ON TO your ecu board.

crome is free

Charlie

Comment

I have an s200 unit. I assumed that the s200 had to remain installed on the ecu at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by jtkc View Post
            I have an s200 unit. I assumed that the s200 had to remain installed on the ecu at all times.
            correct.
            S200 you'll also need the software and for. ask your tuner if he has it.

Comment

yes fortunately, the shops in my area all are s200 capable shops.

Comment

Working...
              X