Replaced both axles, now shuddering upon acceleration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RocketDrsWife View Post
    Apologies up front if this is the wrong place for this-point me in the right direction, please?

Has anyone else ever noticed weather the rebuilt axles from the chain parts stores have Vibration Dampners?? All of them I have seen did NOT, with one exception. It's on the car now. After the first one vibrated it came back out and was returned. Finally found one from a now defunct parts store after three more trys. No vibration, no problems. I should have already said it was for a 91 DA ls.

​​​​Anyone have any ideas weather this makes any difference?

I'm hoping next time I need a new axle
    I'll have the time to get it from Raxles.
    All the rebuilt axles i went through never had Vibration Dampners. I went through more than 10 through 25 years of owning the car. I had vibration issues and tearing with the car lowered. Then in 2010 I bought Raxles. What a difference in handling. They have the dampners. And I have them running good since then. No replacement yet. No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketDrsWife View Post
      Apologies up front if this is the wrong place for this-point me in the right direction, please?

Has anyone else ever noticed weather the rebuilt axles from the chain parts stores have Vibration Dampners?? All of them I have seen did NOT, with one exception. It's on the car now. After the first one vibrated it came back out and was returned. Finally found one from a now defunct parts store after three more trys. No vibration, no problems. I should have already said it was for a 91 DA ls.

​​​​Anyone have any ideas weather this makes any difference?

I'm hoping next time I need a new axle
      I'll have the time to get it from Raxles.
      All the rebuilt axles i went through never had Vibration Dampners. I went through more than 10 through 25 years of owning the car. I had vibration issues and tearing with the car lowered. Then in 2010 I bought Raxles. What a difference in handling. They have the dampners. And I have them running good since then. No replacement yet. No kidding.

Comment

Working...
      X