Clutch pedal/cable makes grinding sound/crunchy feeling when engine cold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal/cable makes grinding sound/crunchy feeling when engine cold

Not sure where it's coming from(pedal, bracket, shifter fork?), but when the car is cold, like when I start the car in the morning, when pressing the clutch pedal in I get a crunchy feeling, and sound. What do you think it could be? Just had the clutch cable replaced.

Anyone?

Comment

Did you put the cable threw a little hole in the fire wall that aligns it to the hook on the pedal. If not it might be misaligned and causing it to grind somewhere in the fire wall.

Comment

I'll double check, but i'm sure it went in correctly. Coincidentally, I had to tighten the cable a couple of times since installation.

Comment

Did you ever find out what it was? Mine is doing the same thing - but now the pedal is releasing slowly and "popping" back up at me. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by bayjay View Post
            Did you ever find out what it was? Mine is doing the same thing - but now the pedal is releasing slowly and "popping" back up at me. TIA
            I did. The cable broke like 2 weeks later. Replaced it and the clutch/pressure plate. All good now!

Comment

Working...
            X