90 GS A/C Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 GS A/C Issue

So I have a 1990 Integra GS. My ac was working just fine the other day until i got in the car one night and noticed that my cluster lights, interior lights,and rear tail lights weren't working. I checked my fuses under the dash and found my fuse #11 was blown. Threw another one in and blew instantly when i tried turning my lights on. I also realized that my ac was not blowing cold, or rather the compressor was not kicking on when i hit the ac button in the car. So after some troubleshooting i found out that my stereo that i removed a few days prior had some open wires on it which was causing a short and my fuse #11 to blow for my cluster lights and tail lights. I covered up the bare wires in electrical tape and replaced #11 fuse and now my lights are working accordingly, however my ac compressor is still not enraging when i hit the button. I checked the fuse for the ac which should be #20 and it is not blown. My green light still comes on the ac button when i press it, and i even tried changing fuse #20 with a new 15amp and still no ac. I'm kind of at a loss of what to check for next, or what the issue could be.

I'd start by following the troubleshooting procedure in your Helms manual. Chapter 22 (AC) has an outline of the procedure.
    Track Project DB2 #896
    LeMons Project DA9
    My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

Working...
    X