No announcement yet.

J2 engineering front lower control arm issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well 2 hours later and I'm convinced these are pieces of shit.
    Tried washers, no real change.
    I sat and looked at anything to try and nothing other then I just got the wrong arms.
    Customer service sucks balls, 1 response on 4 emails with pictures. Wrote the guy who sells them on Honda-tech and amazon where purchased.
    I'm just gonna get some stock arms, re bushing them then throw these away.
    230$ loss on my end.
    Read this before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtef9 View Post
      Well 2 hours later and I'm convinced these are pieces of shit.
      Tried washers, no real change.
      I sat and looked at anything to try and nothing other then I just got the wrong arms.
      Customer service sucks balls, 1 response on 4 emails with pictures. Wrote the guy who sells them on Honda-tech and amazon where purchased.
      I'm just gonna get some stock arms, re bushing them then throw these away.
      230$ loss on my end.
      Read this before buying.
      Damn that sucks. Poor customer service is the worst.

Comment

WAO! thank god!! i did not buy these.. i was very close to order a set couple weeks back but changed my mind! glad i did .
        i kept the stock one and upgrade with Energy suspension bushings.

Comment

Yea very bummed I wasted time and money on these just to have my car down.
          Oh well, lesson learned.
          I'm gonna get some OEM arms and replace those bushings.

Comment

Hey guys i was scrolling through and saw your issue.

the answer you are serching for is the Outside diameter of the start of the taper of the ball joint right where the threads stop is larger than the inside diameter of the lower bushing, not allowing the ball joint to pass through the bushing and "lock up".

a quick fix would be to get a caliper or micrometer and measure the inside diameter of your OEM lower control arm and find the identical size drill bit and bore out the lower bushing J2 engineering provides.

further more, ive noticed the j2 arm is wider than OEM and with the ball joint taper not being long enough to pass all the way through the arm and its poses a problem. ive removed the boot and am able to slide the larger bushing almost all the way up and then the joint has very little movement. curious if OEM honda/ acura lower ball joints are longer than common parts stores?
            Last edited by Rowdy1_NLP; 05 Nov 2017, 02:25:53.

Comment

Working...
            X