Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front 'A' Emblem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Front 'A' Emblem

    Just like the title states, I'm looking for an OEM front emblem/badge - the 'A' that goes on the hood. Must be OEM and in great condition. I don't care about the pins on the backside but aesthetically the front must be very good condition. Best way to contact me is email: 1colin (at) gmail (dot) com
    Track Project DB2 #896
    LeMons Project DA9
    My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

  • #2
    Part number is 75700-SK7-A01 they are hard to come by in new condition. I was able to find one on Ebay about 9 months ago. I have seen one more on ebay since then. Most of the used ones I have come by are either cracked, seperated or the chrome is flaked inside. I hope you the best of luck finding one in good condition. A removal tip : the oil dipstick is a great tool to remove one with at a salvage yard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 2ndJenn View Post
      Part number is 75700-SK7-A01 they are hard to come by in new condition. I was able to find one on Ebay about 9 months ago. I have seen one more on ebay since then. Most of the used ones I have come by are either cracked, seperated or the chrome is flaked inside. I hope you the best of luck finding one in good condition. A removal tip : the oil dipstick is a great tool to remove one with at a salvage yard.
      Yeah, I already have a search setup for the part number and like you said they're few and far between on ebay and usually pretty busted. I like that tip about the dipstick! I've always used dental floss or fishing line to remove emblems. I don't NEED one of these right now but want to have one in case I restore a DB2 down the road (which I'd like to do).
      Track Project DB2 #896
      LeMons Project DA9
      My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

      Comment


      • #4
        You can still buy a new 91-2001 nsx front emblem which is just about the same size. That's what I had to do since I couldn't find one new. I think 2ndJenn outbid me on the ebay one.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
          You can still buy a new 91-2001 nsx front emblem which is just about the same size. That's what I had to do since I couldn't find one new. I think 2ndJenn outbid me on the ebay one.
          Yeah, I found out about those too, since you bought one, how does it compare in size to the original? I'm tempted to buy one but they're more than I'd like to pay for something I'm just gonna stick in a box for who knows when. But I suppose you can argue buy now before they're gone too.
          Track Project DB2 #896
          LeMons Project DA9
          My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
            . I think 2ndJenn outbid me on the ebay one.
            The one I bought was a "buy it now" at $ 85.00 (more that twice Acuras list price). When I see rare parts or NOS discontinued items I usually don't hesitate. That's how I bought a 92 GS-R for $335.00 that still had the original B17A / YS1 in it.

            There is a used emblem on EBay now, but it has the usual cracked chrome inside the "A".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Colin View Post
              Yeah, I found out about those too, since you bought one, how does it compare in size to the original? I'm tempted to buy one but they're more than I'd like to pay for something I'm just gonna stick in a box for who knows when. But I suppose you can argue buy now before they're gone too.
              I think It's a little smaller than the factory one. I haven't taken it out of the bag yet.

              It is a buy now or cry later part. I wish I would have bought more parts just a few years ago when more of it was available.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2ndJenn View Post

                The one I bought was a "buy it now" at $ 85.00 (more that twice Acuras list price). When I see rare parts or NOS discontinued items I usually don't hesitate. That's how I bought a 92 GS-R for $335.00 that still had the original B17A / YS1 in it.

                There is a used emblem on EBay now, but it has the usual cracked chrome inside the "A".
                I didn't see the buy it now one. I would have jumped on it. I think the one I bid on went over $100. I should have just bid a little more, but I got the NSX one for $70 I think, so I can live with that for now.

                Plenty of used ones on there, but like you said,most of them are cracked.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Colin did you ever find one? I found 2 more on EBay (used, but in good condition). Let me know if you are interested.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 2ndJenn View Post
                    Colin did you ever find one? I found 2 more on EBay (used, but in good condition). Let me know if you are interested.
                    No, haven't found one, but also not something I'm in a hurry for. That'd be great if you could share the links, I have a saved search setup but looks like it didn't catch those new ones.
                    Track Project DB2 #896
                    LeMons Project DA9
                    My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X