• Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the new baby!
    Track Project DB2 #896
    LeMons Project DA9
    My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

• Thanks, Colin! Busy busy!
      I received my transmission with the Quaife I used before installed. Switched over to LS gearing. (I have GSR/B16 Cable tranny minus a diff for sale locally if anyone is interested with Carbon Synchros)
      Installed the Tranny last night. Stripped a ball joint while the guys were pushing the car into the garage to work on it. Guess I'll be doing a balljoint or two now...
      No pics, it's a transmission.
      Current Car

Comment

• I'll be interested to see how you like the LS gearing. I LOVED the GS-R gears whenI was running a b18a but I can definitely see how it may be too short for a lot of situations.
        Track Project DB2 #896
        LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• There's another reason for the LS gearing.
          The GS-R gears were something else with the B20. For zipping around on the streets it would be a ton of fun. I'm keeping the transmission but will be rebuilding it.
          Side note: July 3 was spent putting in 2 new wheel bearings (turns out mine were shot too), 2 new lower ball joints, and a new tie rod end. Managed to put the axles back in and take it for a spin. The car is much different from the LS gearing but that was expected! I'll have some fun news soon!
          Current Car

Comment

• For those not up on instagram, I've got some updates. I installed the LS transmission which is supposed to be a fresh rebuild from out west. The service with Synchrotech was really good, but they wouldn't accept a coupon that I found on HT even though it was still accepted on their website. Either way, it's a smooth shifting transmission and I'm happy with it.
            The car has been turbocharged. I know the b20 isn't ideal for boost, but the turbo kit will probably stick around longer than the motor.
            Garrett GT30R ball bearing turbo with coolant and oil feeds, oil drain into Moroso pan.
            Tial blow off
            Tial wastegate, to atmosphere
            ebay intercooler and piping was welded to fit well.
            Exhaust dumped right at the firewall (pretty loud)
            Hondata S300 w/ Boost By Gear, I think it's basically spring pressure in first (3-4#), peaking in third and fourth to 11#, and then reduced back in 5.

The car made a modest ~240hp and 200ft. The tuner, st00pidfast, knew that this was a track car and wanted to ensure that it'd take a lickin.

She's kind of ugly, but she has a nice smile.
            To do: Catch can, 4" intake and filter, drive the snot out of it.
            Current Car

Comment

• Gonna be a beast!
              Track Project DB2 #896
              LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• ASR Hollow Swaybar installed. I purchased this at the beginning of the year when ebay was doing a 20% off coupon, pre-boost-plans. Figured I'd install it while I'm waiting on the "Car Fund" to be replenished...

Current Car

Comment

• I've always been intrigued by those bars. I just recently installed an Eibach ITR bar + ASR brace on mine. Only one autoX so far with that setup but so far I think it's a little more aggressive than my old Progress bar.

Is that 2nd pic with the suspension at full droop? Have you looked to see what the endlink angles are like when the suspension is loaded and/or compressed? I don't have the experience to back it up but that angle just looks odd to me.
                  Track Project DB2 #896
                  LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• I wrote a long ass response and the forums cut off my response using the mobile. Anyways, yes. It looks weird to me too. That pic is with the wheels off the ground on the lift. I think I may have swapped the arms on the bar. Right now, they bow out. Could bow in and hopefully straighten out the end links. Will give that a go.
                    Obviously, exhaust becomes tricky with this setup.
                    Current Car

Comment

• Psst, just letting you know I replied to your reply in the for sale thread for the garage trans differential. Let me know if you still (or not) interested. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by gilcontr View Post
                        Psst, just letting you know I replied to your reply in the for sale thread for the garage trans differential. Let me know if you still (or not) interested. Sorry for the late reply. Thanks!
                        Tried responding to your other post but the forums won't let me. Would you mind shooting me a message at my username here, at gmail?
                        Current Car

Comment

• Getting invalid server response when trying to message you here. Can you email me? my username at G mail.
                          Current Car

Comment

Working...
                          X