No announcement yet.

Track Build - Cindi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm actually going to toss 30 day temp tags and some insurance on it and take it to some goofy auto-x/drift thing. I figure if it can make a 25 minute trip there, get flogged on all day, and make it home, then it should be ready for the track. Right now it's open header, but I put an order in for the speedfactory lt-5 muffler and plan on getting it installed next week. Also going to rewire the battery relocation and do a kill switch. I still need to put a brake line on since one is rubber (front pass side). Do a flush with motul 600 and see what crappy brakes are on the car. Hopefully I'll post up a little more. I found myself very disheartened when I got shafted on my transmission, but I felt a ton better when I was able to repair it and got the car driving.
    Current Car

Comment

Not bad weights for the car just being put together and no balancing yet. I've never heard of that muffler before, I'll be interested to see how you like it, and I'd love to see some pics once it's done
      Track Project DB2 #896
      LeMons Project DA9
      My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

Well, I made it out. Drove 45 minutes to the police academy, did a couple of runs, and then drove it home. All... open... header. The only casualty was my speedometer cable, blew right out of where it plugs into the cluster. New one on order.

First impressions, the suspension was on full soft when I ran first. Realized that, adjusted front and rear to full soft and then down 1 1/2 turns in the front, 1 turn back and then didn't mess with it for the rest of the day. With the suspension on full soft, I was able to rotate the car really well with some lift. I'm sure there's some pictures of me full lock out there. Also, this was an auto-x and I've never auto-x'd before lol Car ran great, but the fuel pressure was really high... like 50 lbs high. Also, when I filled up to the top, it seems my car pissed about a half gallon out from a vent that goes into the tank so I'll have to take a look.

Next time I hit the track, I'll adjust the suspension more. Needs more camber up front, but I haven't decided on a kit yet. Now for some pics! One of me, and one of my buddy who normally drifts. His quote, I never thought I'd have so much fun in an NA FWD car. It just goes where you point it!

First Drive by Rob Heckel, on Flickr
        txdf january by Rob Heckel, on Flickr
        Current Car

Comment

Originally posted by billabongrob View Post
          Well, I made it out.
          Glad to see it. Is this your first on track experience?

Drove 45 minutes to the police academy, did a couple of runs, and then drove it home. All... open... header.
          You're nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboG2teg311 View Post
            Glad to see it. Is this your first on track experience?

You're nuts.
            No, no. I used to have a 2013 Mustang GT that I frequently tracked. I drove a spec miata for some time. And my most recent event was out it a 81 Porsche 911 Targa with a 993 engine on slicks. I get around... I'd post pics but copyrights etc. The tiny track (auto-x) isn't for me. It's like waiting all day to do what I like doing all day, if that makes sense? Too small, not enough time. I couldn't tell you with any amount of confidence, how well or how poorly the car performed, hence my limited tweaks and comments on the car.

As for the nuts part, yes. I'm still looking for a couple fillings...
            Current Car

Comment

The tiny track (auto-x) isn't for me. It's like waiting all day to do what I like doing all day, if that makes sense? Too small, not enough time.
              I totally get it. After running track days last year and then doing 2 circuit-x events in the winter it did not even come close to comparing. You cant even get the tires up to temp and start focusing. The only reason I participated in those events was because it is winter and it beats staring at the car in the garage.

Comment

Right on man, glad to see you're out there doing some shakedown runs
                Track Project DB2 #896
                LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Excellent progress so far! Can't wait to see more!

Hardrace makes a really nice camber kit for our cars

Comment

Here's the exhaust. Not thrilled with the outcome, but it gets the noise away from me:
                    Lt-5 installed.

Would have preferred it to be tucked up further into the rear, but this works for now.
                    Current Car

Comment

Was the limiting factor for exhaust location the unibody or just the bumper? I've been wanting to put my muffler on the right side like that for quite a while now it's just been very low on my priority list. I was planning to cut the bumper out though so I could tuck it up as high as possible. Or possibly try to set something up so that I could run a small muffler/resonator in the axle back for sound limited track and then just remove that section for tracks with no noise regulations. Right now my RSR is too damn quiet!
                      Track Project DB2 #896
                      LeMons Project DA9

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on that. I didn't want to modify my bumper due to some of the rules that I read over, but I would have preferred it been tucked further up and forward. You can see how odd the angle is from this picture... I'm going to see how much room I have up top and might take it elsewhere to be cut and welded higher.
                        Current Car

Comment

Yeah, that looks to me like there's more room there from what I remember is under there, although I know there's part of a frame rail to avoid.
                          Track Project DB2 #896
                          LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Picked up a damaged rear bumper today going to chop it up and see how low this exhaust really is. May need to take it back and have them raise it. Looks like my first track day with pca will be at one of their club races in the beginning of March. Lots of little details to work out before then.
                            Current Car

Comment

I was reading through the build thread on H-T and noticed an EF that routed the exhaust directly under the driver side, as opposed to looping around the passenger LCA. I want to do something like this.

Comment

Wow, I've never seen that, I'm a bit skeptical, had no idea there was enough room on that side due to the gas filler neck being on that side.
                                Track Project DB2 #896
                                LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Working...
                                X