If this is your first visit, be sure to
read all the Frequently Asked Questions. You must register
before you can post or search. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selections below.
Got the fuel pump out. Didn't have the lift since a few friends were prepping for club racing, but the job wasn't really that hard. Just used another fuel pump to pull the old fuel out, then smooth sailing. Will also give me to opportunity to rebuild the fuel pump/level harness.
Random updates. I haven't messed around with the car too much. I purchased and electric speed sensor. Someone on here found my post and emailed me about the problems I was experiencing on track. He was experiencing the same on his dirt track integras without the speedo connected. I purchased an electric speed sensor and wired that to the ecu. Fingers crossed on that solving my problems.
My Konis were blown. Ordered 4 new. Unknown history on the existing ones so I'll shelf them until I need something to revalve. Waiting to install with extended front tophats.
Threw some rollbar padding on so my wife thinks it's safe for me to drive on the street occasionally. (I know i shouldn't and I'll avoid it at all costs, but for things like hitting the dyno, or heading to other shops...)
Also, the car hated idling for some reason. I pulled the intake manifold, trimmed the intake manifold gasket and double checked everything for leaks. Seemed fine. Same problem. I decided to do a valve adjustment. Felt like a gorilla worked on the valves before, but a few were out of spec. Adjusted and she purs like a kitten and AFR's look good throughout the RPM band. It will do until I can get an S300 and a tune.
Signing up for another HPDE at the end of September and will be bringing the car home to my own garage, so updates should come a little more frequently. Also, that will be one of my last hurrah type things as our child (first) is slated to arrive early november.
Dropped by the dyno yesterday with some friends.
1) The car seems to like the VSS I put in. No more check engine lights! Seems to be running well. Driving it on the street is obnoxious. The temperatures stay around 190 while cruising on a 92 degree day.
2) I guess information on the P8R B20 is somewhat uncommon, so here's my mods and my Dyno sheet: B20, P8R Head, Short Intake, Hytech headers, straight through exhaust, LS intake manifold, Blox thermal manifold gasket, oem injectors, Blox FPR, NO TUNE, 18 degrees ignition. Pulled max hp: 139, max tq: 135.22 (93 degrees out, and after a 30 minute drive there)
Made it out the track. Wasn't as good as I expected, but I'm also a little rusty and this was the first time I have truly got to drive the car. (Kinda) Car ran good for the first half of Saturday, then it started firing on 3. Turns out an injector was dead. Drove home for the night, picked up more injectors, had to slice and dice the harness yet again. Now I have 2 obd2 and 2 obd1 injectors. Yay. Drove for around 60 minutes straight. Brakes eventually turned to 'OMG way too hot' and started dropping off. Anyways, here's a little picture of me lifting the rear on stock sways.
Well, I had a son so the work isn't happening as fast as it used to. In the middle of rebuilding the chassis wiring harness to have only the things I need. The electrical parts keep rolling in. The chassis wiring is a daunting task; however, I wanted to keep the headlights, turn signals, and that's pretty much it. Just the bits that I get it 'legal' and drive it around town. The engine harness has been hacked up, so there will be some repair there. Including more pictures just to show progress and the mess... Steering wheel and pedals out, etc...
At this point, I've rebuilt the rear harness, separated the fuel pump harness, and have just pulled the dashboard harness to begin clearing it out. The main harness is undergoing surgery. A lot of pins, connectors, and crimpers in the mail now. I hope to have some updates in the near future. (Not just pictures or unmarked wires)
Nice! I did all my wiring forward of the firewall and it was a bit of a task but not too bad. Eventually I'd really like to redo the harness from the firewall back too - I'm sure there's a LOT I can remove.
Track Project DB2 #896 LeMons Project DA9 My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P