Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSX Ownership

Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
    Congrats on the NSX ownership. I just love mine. I just have you beat by a couple of months on the Integra ownership.

You better post some pics of both of the cars. What are the details on the NSX? Are you on NSXPrime? What's your screen name if you are?

Thanks on the compliments. Mine just got a little better. Someone keyed the hood and full drivers side of the GSR so I pretty much got it all resprayed and all of the dents taken out. It looks way better now, but I hate driving it anywhere. I don't want to get any rock chips in it now. I need to get it clear bra'd so it stays perfect forever.
    The NSX is a 91 5 Speed with the Short Gears installed. Berlina Black with black interior and 118k miles. It was stock when I purchased it with the exception of the Forgeline RS wheels. It was purchased locally after a nationwide search that lasted 9 months. I originally wanted a GPW or Silver. When I saw the ad on mine it had higher mileage than I wanted and needed some TLC. The price and location of the car made it too good to pass on. 7 months later I have most of it sorted out. I have had to do the Huga Buga kits on the windows, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Crank pulley, belts, all 22 hoses, rear taillight seals, filters, fuel filter, ABS hoses replaced, the ABS modulator rebuild, the door switch cleanup, sun visor replacement, and a few other repairs so far. Future plans are a coil-over kit, exhaust, headers, catalytic converters, 2002 and up ABS upgrade, the rear valence and side skirts from the 2002 and up NSXs, and a respray. I am not in a hurry to finish it up. I am enjoying it and I am glad that I went the route that I did.

My Prime S/N is jedi14323, same as here. Are yo on NSXprime also, if so what is your S/N?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by jedi14323 View Post
      The NSX is a 91 5 Speed with the Short Gears installed. Berlina Black with black interior and 118k miles. It was stock when I purchased it with the exception of the Forgeline RS wheels. It was purchased locally after a nationwide search that lasted 9 months. I originally wanted a GPW or Silver. When I saw the ad on mine it had higher mileage than I wanted and needed some TLC. The price and location of the car made it too good to pass on. 7 months later I have most of it sorted out. I have had to do the Huga Buga kits on the windows, Timing Belt, Water Pump, Crank pulley, belts, all 22 hoses, rear taillight seals, filters, fuel filter, ABS hoses replaced, the ABS modulator rebuild, the door switch cleanup, sun visor replacement, and a few other repairs so far. Future plans are a coil-over kit, exhaust, headers, catalytic converters, 2002 and up ABS upgrade, the rear valence and side skirts from the 2002 and up NSXs, and a respray. I am not in a hurry to finish it up. I am enjoying it and I am glad that I went the route that I did.

My Prime S/N is jedi14323, same as here. Are yo on NSXprime also, if so what is your S/N?
      Congrats again on the NSX. I love the TE's on there. When you go to buy coilovers, make sure to get the most expensive ones that you want first. I've gone thru 2 sets now and am finally going with JRZ's. Live and learn I guess. The maintenance sucks to do when you want to buy goodies, but it has to be done to keep it in tip top shape.

My Prime one is the same as here too. v-tecpwr

Comment

• Another couple of years has gone by. It is 25 years today. The car has had a couple of changes.

It was keyed in may of 2015. They keyed the hood and the whole drivers side with 2 keys all the way down to the primer. I decided that I should just fix a lot of the paint problem and rear fender arches that were starting to rust. I had all of the dents taken out and all of the panels painted except for side skirts, rear bumper, hatch and roof. I should have done all of it at the same time. I thought the paint was in good enough condition, but now you can see the imperfection in the unpainted parts. Here are some pictures of the paint process.

You can see the rest in my Flickr account.

GSR Paint by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

Comment

• I just installed some new coilovers. I went with AMR Coilovers. I started with tokiko illuminas with lowering springs. I then went with ground control coils and extended top hats. I just was never happy with the ride on these.

I started with 650 front and 550 rears on the amr's. That was just way too stiff for daily driving. I then went to 350 front and 300 rears. The reide is way better, but I think I might got up to 450 in the front. I'm still hitting the bumpstops on the front with these rates.

I also installed an AEM big rear brake kit to match the front. It looks way better with a bigger brake in the back.

I had all of the car that I had painted clear bra'd so I wouldn't get any more paint chips on it. I figured I'd spend the money now instead of paying again for paint later.

Comment

• Here are the new pictures of the car in it's current state.

img_7115_33296007656_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7117_32494036944_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7124_33296006766_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7126_32494036674_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7131_32494036404_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7135_32494036094_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7147_32494035884_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7152_32494035674_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7153_33208751351_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7154_32494035254_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

img_7162_33208750371_o by v-tecpwr, on Flickr

Comment

• So amazing to see a car (cars...) so well cared for after many years. Awesome job, man. Inspirational.

Comment

• Wow the paint came out awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by G2Again View Post
                  So amazing to see a car (cars...) so well cared for after many years. Awesome job, man. Inspirational.
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdecks23 View Post
                    Wow the paint came out awesome!
                    Yes it. did. They spent a lot of time polishing out all of the orange peel. It was like glass when it came out of the shop. I hated putting clear bra over the top of it, but I wanted to keep it perfect.

Comment

• Nice work! How much was it to redo the front leather seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliDA View Post
                        Nice work! How much was it to redo the front leather seats?
                        I paid about $1000 for front and rear seats, door panels and heated seats installed.

Comment

• Saw these pics on IG a while back - car looks great! It's awesome to see owners such as your self who have such high pride of ownership
                          Track Project DB2 #896
                          LeMons Project DA9
                          My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            Saw these pics on IG a while back - car looks great! It's awesome to see owners such as your self who have such high pride of ownership
                            Thanks! I still love my car after all of these years! My wife keeps saying I like them more than her. HAHA

Comment

• V-tecpwr- This is response to the other thread concerning the power antenna. So the last pic showing your antenna, is that a 3 gen integra power antenna? If so, how hard was it to align the bolts onto the DA chassy? Thanks man. And by the way, you teg looks flawless!

Comment

• Originally posted by 91akira View Post
                                V-tecpwr- This is response to the other thread concerning the power antenna. So the last pic showing your antenna, is that a 3 gen integra power antenna? If so, how hard was it to align the bolts onto the DA chassy? Thanks man. And by the way, you teg looks flawless!
                                I believe it is. I've changed mine a couple of times now. Take a look at yours and then match it up in the junkyard. You reuse the black plastic trim and the top screw. If I remember right, It just bolted right in. Don't quote me on that though. It's been about 5 years now or so.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X