20 years with my GSR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoyed the read!

This year will be 15 years with my 1991 LS.
    NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
    May 2017 ODOMETER: 605K km / 376K miles.
    ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

amazing amazing ..amazing lol

Comment

Cool and inspirational Story Congrats on 20 years!

Comment

Originally posted by wdkwang View Post
          vtecpwr, i have to give you big props on how clean the car has been maintained. bookmarked this page, as well.
          my parents bought a 92 gs new, when i was 5. i drove it up until i got a 370z in early '11. sold the teg cause i couldn't afford the insurance on top of the $1958/year for the z. now i terribly regret it and need to get it back, but i'm having a very difficult time due to a falling out with the person that bought it. not sure what to do.
          i want to ask you, what was the cost to reupholster your seats, the added heated seat function and switch, and if you felt any difference like sitting higher due to the extra material in the seat. i want to do reupholster my seats the same as you, with the addition of heated seats on the passenger side as well if i ever get it back. thank you
          Just keep asking the person to buy it back is what I would do. It can't hurt to try.

I have a friend that works at the dealership so my cost was way less than what it should be. It was going to be $1250.00 with the heated seats on both sides with the door panels and switches. I wanted to do perforated centers on the seats and door panels but the kit got ordered wrong. They gave me another discount, so it was $985.00 out the door. I check on my own, and they wanted $1800.00 just to do the front and rear seats with no warmers or door panels.

I don't feel like I am sitting any higher. The heated panel is very thin under the leather.

Comment

Originally posted by wdkwang View Post
            also, does your current rear bumper stick out further than the oem one?
            It is just wings west lip kit. It sticks out further by maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch.

Comment

Originally posted by t3chtun3r View Post
              Gotta watch out, she's old enough to go around dating. haha
              Maybe I can find a green GSR and they can make new baby ones.

Comment

Originally posted by da92nv View Post
                Truly an amazing story! Big ups on keeping the car all these years in such great condition. My car is very close to that condition and I am the 2nd owner...its almost there!!

BTW...the NSX is beautiful!

-Steve
                Yours looks great. Mine still has its flaws, but It's held up great for the abuse I have given it.

Comment

gorgeous

Comment

Good stuff! Very clean DB2! Tell me that your floor mats are not 20 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by jfarber View Post
                      Good stuff! Very clean DB2! Tell me that your floor mats are not 20 years old?
                      Haha. No, I think I'm on my 5th set or so. I threw away my old sets. I wish I would have kept them. They weren't in that bad of condition if I remember correctly.

I should have bought that set that just sold on here that was new in the box.

Comment

Sick ride bro, and story. Now I know why that NSX was at the krispy kreme meet! haha, i still gotta come out one of these days.

Comment

Congrats on 20 years man.lookin clean as ever.

Comment

True 2gen Owner right here. Cool story man. Pretty amazing condition.

Comment

You guys have no idea how clean he keeps this ride, it's looks like it just rolled off the show room floor.
                              Looks great as always man, keep it up. See ya at the next meet.

Comment

Originally posted by teg cruzr View Post
                                You guys have no idea how clean he keeps this ride, it's looks like it just rolled off the show room floor.
                                Looks great as always man, keep it up. See ya at the next meet.

With all the work you do on your car it's going to look better than mine......if it doesn't already. I love your interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X