Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 years with my GSR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    You sir are a lucky man to own a pair of Acura's best. Great job keeping them going, thanx for sharing...

    I love heated seats, use them in my Accord throughout the winter. When we bought our '06 Pilot, we had a choice of 2 cars, 1 cloth, 1 leather... still kickin' myself for goin' with cloth(already replaced it once)

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
      My ABS has saved me a few times so I'm pretty keen on keeping mine going.

      If your factory floor mats are in that good of condition, I would leave them alone. They are becoming way to hard to find in nice condition. I would just buy a set from Lloyds and have them fixed up to match like you want.
      Yea for sure. I've driven in ice and snow enough that ABS is more of a hindrance to me because I'm so used to pumping the brakes. Plus once in a while a little slidy slidy is nice lol.
      That's a good idea. They're in good shape but not like amazing. I'll post a pic if you want.

      What was the braking power like with those wilwood calipers? Did you stay with the stock master?

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by booley View Post
        You sir are a lucky man to own a pair of Acura's best. Great job keeping them going, thanx for sharing...

        I love heated seats, use them in my Accord throughout the winter. When we bought our '06 Pilot, we had a choice of 2 cars, 1 cloth, 1 leather... still kickin' myself for goin' with cloth(already replaced it once)
        The cloth seams to last a lot longer than the leather does. I just love the smell of new leather seats in a car.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by teggyguy View Post
          Yea for sure. I've driven in ice and snow enough that ABS is more of a hindrance to me because I'm so used to pumping the brakes. Plus once in a while a little slidy slidy is nice lol.
          That's a good idea. They're in good shape but not like amazing. I'll post a pic if you want.

          What was the braking power like with those wilwood calipers? Did you stay with the stock master?
          Post a pic. I'd like to see them.

          Braking power was great at the track with the right pads. On the street they weren't very good in the cold even with a street and track pad mix. I never found a really good street pad for them though.

          I ran the factory master cylinder. I is a 1" from the factory and I never noticed a difference when switching calipers.

          Comment


          • #80
            woow... hats off love the pic with NSX

            Comment


            • #81
              V-tecpwr- I salute you man! I'm the first owner of my 1991. We went through alot with these cars didn't we? So many times I wanted to get rid of it too. I stopped thinking that way when I saw this web site. And if it wasn't for this site, this car would be gone. Tips and tricks on this site help me keep this car in tip top shape. Also the NSX was my dream car too but that will never happen. Glad you was able to make that dream come true. Later

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by peteTHEpole View Post
                woow... hats off love the pic with NSX
                Thanks

                Originally posted by 91akira View Post
                V-tecpwr- I salute you man! I'm the first owner of my 1991. We went through alot with these cars didn't we? So many times I wanted to get rid of it too. I stopped thinking that way when I saw this web site. And if it wasn't for this site, this car would be gone. Tips and tricks on this site help me keep this car in tip top shape. Also the NSX was my dream car too but that will never happen. Glad you was able to make that dream come true. Later
                Congratulations on another original owner. I had a 91 LS Special for about 10 months before I bought the GSR. I almost bought a Chevy Beretta before the Integra. I'm glad my Dad talked me out of that. This site has definitely helped me too. Never say never on the NSX. When it's time for you to buy a new car, go look at an NSX instead. You can pick a decent one up for about 28-30 thousand.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Nice post! I remember when gas came way down to $1.40 / gal for premium. In fact, for the prices we are paying now for regular, I was able to get 100 octane race gas for a bit less.

                  Is that still the original paint you have on there?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by rayzerbeam View Post
                    Nice post! I remember when gas came way down to $1.40 / gal for premium. In fact, for the prices we are paying now for regular, I was able to get 100 octane race gas for a bit less.

                    Is that still the original paint you have on there?
                    I wish it would be that low again. I'm hating the $50.00 fill ups.

                    That is not original paint. I think every panel has been painted at one time or another.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by teggyguy View Post
                      So.
                      I was about to sell off the 2 GS-Rs I have...

                      -teggyguy / Troy
                      That was your Craigslist ad, then? I was actually thinking of getting one or both of them, but then I remembered I have next to no money right now.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by devondangers View Post
                        That was your Craigslist ad, then? I was actually thinking of getting one or both of them, but then I remembered I have next to no money right now.
                        Nope. I've thrown a piece and part here and there on CL but didn't put either of the cars.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          true inspiration for me, my hat is off to you, and you got to love you girl for talking sense in to you to keep your DB2, a women that understands a mans love for his car is rare were I'm from, thanks this will keep doing my GSR clone part restoration on a DA9 , and the NSX is really nice too.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by herbie20h View Post
                            true inspiration for me, my hat is off to you, and you got to love you girl for talking sense in to you to keep your DB2, a women that understands a mans love for his car is rare were I'm from, thanks this will keep doing my GSR clone part restoration on a DA9 , and the NSX is really nice too.
                            She has been great on me buying parts for my cars over the years.

                            Just keep working on yours.

                            I just had to put axles on mine, new rear control arms since the bushings were bad and fix the fast idle thermal valve again. The parts just keep piling up. I have an exhaust leak somewhere in the front but can't find it. It only shows up when get on the gas and goes back away after it cools down while I'm cruising.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Just re-read your thread. Thanks for sharing

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Deceptakhan View Post
                                Just re-read your thread. Thanks for sharing

                                My labor of love to keep it running.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X