• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres to twenty more years with her
    Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
    My labor of love to keep it running.

Comment

I'm hoping for another 20. Only 18 1/2 years till the 40 mark. LOL I think the problem will be finding parts. I'm already having trouble getting some of the stuff for it.

Comment

Nice cars man! Its rare to see someone keep a car for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by ms6_ward View Post
          Nice cars man! Its rare to see someone keep a car for so long.
          Thanks. Just trying to figure out what to do next.

Comment

both car are beautiful, but the fact that you kept that db2 for such a long time and still looks in great condition amazes me.

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath1312 View Post
              both car are beautiful, but the fact that you kept that db2 for such a long time and still looks in great condition amazes me.
              It still needs some work. I'm slowly trying to get everything fixed on it. I still think about getting something new, but I just can't part with it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
                Thanks. Just trying to figure out what to do next.
                Down grade your stereo and sell to me!!

Comment

Originally posted by teg cruzr View Post
                  Down grade your stereo and sell to me!!

HAHA. I think it's time for an upgrade again. I still want to put some 8's in the front doors and build door panels. That way I can put 2 15's in the back and still have some trunk space.

Comment

8's for mid bass and 15's in the hatch...hmm..Neighbors would love you..

Comment

• They already do. LOL I just need to make it louder now.

Comment

• Beauty!

Comment

• Originally posted by AsAsN View Post
                          Beauty!

Thanks. Just about to hit year 22 of ownership on March 9th.

Comment

• 22 years of ownership today. I did a few things this year. I put on extended top hats for the illuminas and ground controls to try to fix the ride. It still is a little bouncy. I might have to go with coil-overs instead or raise it back up a little bit. I hoped that would fix it, but I'm not really sure it will ever ride that good being so low.

I just installed JDM taillights. I was getting moisture in my left one so I decided finally to put them in. The body shop that worked on my car last time didn't put new gaskets on. They just used silicone and some kind of black goo instead. No wonder they were leaking. It made it a pain in the ass to take out. I ended up cracking one of the factory one trying to get them out.

I've still been trying to figure out this exhaust leak. I took the whole thing off the other day to see if I could see a hole in it somewhere. There was nothing wrong with it that I could see. All the gaskets were good an I couldn't see any holes anywhere. I might just buy new exhaust because the old Greddy is starting to surface rust really bad. I might do custom with a magnaflow muffler this time just so I can run a little bit bigger piping. I just can't decide if I don't want to run name brand exhaust though. I put the Greddy on in 97 or 98 and it has been great.

I finally got the car re-tuned this summer and got rid of my old Hondata s100. I was having a partial throttle stutter for the last 10 years and it was driving me crazy. I just used chrome this time for tuning. Rich-tuned did the map for me. He ended getting another 19 horsepower out of it. That puts me at 187 to the wheels with 17" wheels on it. I put my snow tires on this winter and it feels way faster. I need to hit the dyno to see if it makes any difference in power.

I finally figured out which wheels to get. I went with the SSR GTV-02 in a 16x7.
                            http://www.ssr-wheels.com/wheels/gtv02.asp
                            The wife ordered them for me for Christmas in November and I'm still waiting on them. I'm hoping in another month they will be here. I'm still deciding on which tires to go with. I'm thinking the Bridgestone RE-11 in 205 45 16. I'd like to go with a 215 but the only one I can find is the yokohama s-drive and i want something a little stickier than that.

I'll get some new pics when my wheels finally come in and get them posted.

Here's to another year of ownership and hopefully a lot more to come.
                            Last edited by v-tecpwr; 15 Mar 2014, 05:23:49.

Comment

• Happy Anniversary and more years to come with your car!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terbong_aswit View Post
                                Happy Anniversary and more years to come with your car!!!
                                X2. Car is so clean, looking forward to seeing latest pics.

Only had mine for 7 years, first car aswell. I don't know if ill ever get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X