20 years with my GSR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1ntegra View Post
    I'm almost there. I got mine brand new in Aug 1993. 220,000 miles so far and still going.

So far:
    One engine rebuild (thanks to a Bosch spark plug that decided to drop the center electrode into my cylinder)
    One Paint Job
    One Tranny Rebuild
    a couple of starters
    a couple of alternators
    one power steering pump.
    One front Bearing

It has been my daily driver up until 6 months ago when I got my truck, now it's about 70/30 (mostly drive the truck).

Other than that. Just regular maintenance.

awesome guys...just found this thread owned my 92 gsr since around aug 1993 also...bought used with 1850 miles for 16,500$ in Fort Luaderdale Fl. after wrecking my white 91 gs also wanted the white NSX on the show room floor but dad sell hell no..he was co-signing as I was only @20yo with no credit:>...I'm going to try and start siilar thread w/pics ..all orig. only mod is 16" wheels last year..
    Batteries / oil
    Tires
    STILL orig : alt.,pwr steering,a/c,interior,racknpinion,
    Needs: new floor mats/paint and shocks/springs
    Amazing how this car has taken my abuse " knock on wood" and still keeps giving me pleasure!!
    LOVE MY (92GSR)!!!!!! Looking forward to reading the rest of this thread!!!
    Oh...I did replace the bearings in the bottom end last month didn't look to bad but just wanted some reassurance at 200,00 mlies!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mystock92gsr View Post
      awesome guys...just found this thread owned my 92 gsr since around aug 1993 also...bought used with 1850 miles for 16,500$ in Fort Luaderdale Fl. after wrecking my white 91 gs also wanted the white NSX on the show room floor but dad sell hell no..he was co-signing as I was only @20yo with no credit:>...I'm going to try and start siilar thread w/pics ..all orig. only mod is 16" wheels last year..
      Batteries / oil
      Tires
      STILL orig : alt.,pwr steering,a/c,interior,racknpinion,
      Needs: new floor mats/paint and shocks/springs
      Amazing how this car has taken my abuse " knock on wood" and still keeps giving me pleasure!!
      LOVE MY (92GSR)!!!!!! Looking forward to reading the rest of this thread!!!
      Oh...I did replace the bearings in the bottom end last month didn't look to bad but just wanted some reassurance at 200,00 mlies!!

Can't wait to see the build and pictures.

Comment

• Congrats on 23 years. That car just keeps getting better with time.

Comment

• Nice ride brotha looking classy! I got that same all black leather with the arm rest lol but I don't have the leather door panels

Comment

• Originally posted by Mnda90 View Post
            Nice ride brotha looking classy! I got that same all black leather with the arm rest lol but I don't have the leather door panels

Thanks. Just got my armrest recovered and stuffed again. It was in pretty bad shape.

Comment

• Great thread!
              Haven't been on here in awhile, my DA is stored and I'm not sure when I'll get it out again (life changes). But it's great to see how owners like you are still doing justice to these vehicles!

Comment

• Originally posted by edcura View Post
                Great thread!
                Haven't been on here in awhile, my DA is stored and I'm not sure when I'll get it out again (life changes). But it's great to see how owners like you are still doing justice to these vehicles!

Just don't get rid of it. You can always save it for when you have time.

I still love this design. It still seems better built than a lot of the newer cars, but just doesn't have all the new bells and whistles.

Comment

• Where exactly did you ordered your leather kits and door panels? I'm looking to do my DB1 also and would love for you to point me in the right direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by DA6_v8killa View Post
                    Where exactly did you ordered your leather kits and door panels? I'm looking to do my DB1 also and would love for you to point me in the right direction.

I got it installed at Classic Soft Trim. There is one in Minnesota if you're still there. You can also just google them. They have a good website with a locator on it for you.

Here is the contact info:

Minneapolis
                    CST Installation Center
                    3021 82nd Lane NE
                    Blaine, MN 55449
                    (612) 788-4911

It comes with a lifetime warranty also, so if you plan on keeping the car, it's totally worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by v-tecpwr View Post
                      I got it installed at Classic Soft Trim. There is one in Minnesota if you're still there. You can also just google them. They have a good website with a locator on it for you.

Here is the contact info:

Minneapolis
                      CST Installation Center
                      3021 82nd Lane NE
                      Blaine, MN 55449
                      (612) 788-4911

It comes with a lifetime warranty also, so if you plan on keeping the car, it's totally worth it.

Awesome! thanks a lot bro and yes I plan on keeping my DB1.

Comment

• Originally posted by DA6_v8killa View Post
                        Awesome! thanks a lot bro and yes I plan on keeping my DB1.
                        No problem. Hopefully they can help you out. Wait until you get the new leather smell in your car again.

Comment

• I at 23 years with mine also

I have had my Integra since 5/30/1992! I recently acquired an NSX. It is nice to see other long time owners here. I will be keeping mine as long as I can. BTW, Your Integra is one of the cleanest here, keep it up!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by jedi14323; 23 Jul 2015, 01:19:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by jedi14323 View Post
                            I have had my Integra since 5/30/1992! I also but recently acquired an NSX. It is nice to see other long time owners here. I will be keeping mine as long as I can. BTW, Your Integra is one of the cleanest here, keep it up!
                            what color is your integra..? looks almost purple

Comment

• Originally posted by jedi14323 View Post
                              I have had my Integra since 5/30/1992! I also but recently acquired an NSX. It is nice to see other long time owners here. I will be keeping mine as long as I can. BTW, Your Integra is one of the cleanest here, keep it up!
                              Congrats on the NSX ownership. I just love mine. I just have you beat by a couple of months on the Integra ownership.

You better post some pics of both of the cars. What are the details on the NSX? Are you on NSXPrime? What's your screen name if you are?

Thanks on the compliments. Mine just got a little better. Someone keyed the hood and full drivers side of the GSR so I pretty much got it all resprayed and all of the dents taken out. It looks way better now, but I hate driving it anywhere. I don't want to get any rock chips in it now. I need to get it clear bra'd so it stays perfect forever.

Comment

• Integra Color

Originally posted by SteezyDB2-GONZO View Post
                                what color is your integra..? looks almost purple
                                The color is Monterrey Blue Pearl. I got the color code from the G2 TLs. I painted it back in 1999 after a drunk driver grazed the driver side.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X