My new to me DB2 / sorta build thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turboda4dr View Post
    ^^ need more integras lol. nice looking tegs man.
    Yeah man. I need my DA sedan but an EVO will do just fine.

Comment

• jealous at the EVO8 and EVO9 you guys have in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by turboda4dr View Post
        jealous at the EVO8 and EVO9 you guys have in the US.
        Dont you guys have the Skyline up there?

Comment

• ^^ are you talking about the new R35? yes we do have that. we also can import cars thats 15 years or older, so we do have the R32 and R33. but no EVO 8 or 9,but sometime an EVO 3 or 4 will pop up.

Comment

• See, that's a good difference there! Our import laws are for 25yrs and older for them to be legal.

Funny the differences in separate markets.

Comment

• Enjoying the build..motivates me to get back to work on my DB2... keep it up... I've got some of the same parts going on mine... I'm thinking of getting the 3 point strut bar..i got the old rare Grex one... But I havent deleted my ABS yet..does it fit with ABS?

Comment

• Originally posted by DAtung View Post
                Enjoying the build..motivates me to get back to work on my DB2... keep it up... I've got some of the same parts going on mine... I'm thinking of getting the 3 point strut bar..i got the old rare Grex one... But I havent deleted my ABS yet..does it fit with ABS?
                Im not sure if it will fit with ABS intact. My daily had ABS removed before I got it and I pulled it from my track and changed out the front brake lines before I could try it.

Comment

• Also having a slight change of plans with my build. I will be keeping my Tein coilovers on my wifes car and buying a set of Function Form Two.5s for track duty. The car will also be getting a 1.8 GSR swap with boost. As money and parts come in, I will update this thread.

Comment

• good stuff in here. im liking the in depth review of the different suspension parts, namely ball joints, bushings, bearings etc.
                    Originally posted by jdecks23
                    Especially in the Honda scene where people are cheap, do things in distaste and move on quickly. It takes a real tuner to have a vision and make it a reality. There is no better feeling than looking at your own car and feeling like "damn this is exactly what I wanted it to be." In my mind real tuners build timeless cars - not trendy ones, that means it will give you and observers the same feeling over time whether it's 3 or 20 years from now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ls/vtecstitch View Post
                      good stuff in here. im liking the in depth review of the different suspension parts, namely ball joints, bushings, bearings etc.
                      Im trying to be as detailed as I can be. I am building this car to eventually be a permanent track slut so most of my focus will be on suspension parts. I am sure people will give me crap about picking Function Form coilovers over my current Teins but its okay.

Comment

• TEINS RULE!! jk, Im sure you will be just as happy with the FF's

I really like the "turn" this build has taken...

Comment

• Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                          TEINS RULE!! jk, Im sure you will be just as happy with the FF's

I really like the "turn" this build has taken...
                          I do agree that Tein makes fantastic products. The reason why I am going to use FF Two.5s instead of my current Tein Super Street is the Two.5s come with optional high spring rates at no extra cost, 32 way dampening, and separate ride height and spring preload adjustments. I don't want to tinker with preload unless I need to. I can adjust ride height separate so I can maintain the factory spring setting. With the Tein coilovers, when you adjust height it also alters the preload of the spring depending on which direction of height you go.

Comment

• Quick question. I've been wanting to do install the same intake, what application was this for? EG, DC?

Comment

• where did u get those buddy club ball joints.. are they the same as the DC teg ones

Comment

• Originally posted by DAnny88 View Post
                                Quick question. I've been wanting to do install the same intake, what application was this for? EG, DC?
                                Sorry for the delay. If you are referring to my old Password JDM carbon fiber intake, it was originally designed for a Civic I believe. I sold it since I am having a custom intake built.

Originally posted by TEGY92 View Post
                                where did u get those buddy club ball joints.. are they the same as the DC teg ones
                                Yes. All Civics and Integras 88-01 use the same ball joint. Just different OEM part numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X