Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DB2 Content Inside

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I know your pain. Bay work suuuucks! I vow to never shave another bay in my life. Looking awesome though man! I keep getting more and more jealous of your parts pile as it grows. I'm really interested in hearing how you like the fortunes. I believe you're one of only a couple DA owners to purchase them so far.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by rollinmyda View Post
      I know your pain. Bay work suuuucks! I vow to never shave another bay in my life. Looking awesome though man! I keep getting more and more jealous of your parts pile as it grows. I'm really interested in hearing how you like the fortunes. I believe you're one of only a couple DA owners to purchase them so far.
      Agreed, one and done! Never again! I was actually expecting some of the more purist guys to call me out for molesting a DB2 like this, nothing yet.

      I'm honestly running out of space, my room is pretty much a parts pile. Can't see the floor or any shelves in my closet, it was not a great life choice.

      I was actually wondering if there was anyone else that has the Fortunes. I still have yet to really see any Honda/Acura FF platform write a review of these. I just can't wait to feel how they ride, and the fact that essentially every other piece of suspension is zero mile along with them is gong to be noice.


      I want some opinions on this.

      Miracle X Bar vs EM Racing Z Bar

      Go

      Comment


      • #78
        I know they are older threads and DC integras but since Fortune Auto is a little more local to my side, I see more Hondas around here with them. All I could dig up within 5 seconds in the for sale thread. Just thought I would provide in case you would like to reach out to them.

        http://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda...ra-gsr-472831/


        http://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda...-ac-ps-416474/
        Originally posted by jdecks23
        Especially in the Honda scene where people are cheap, do things in distaste and move on quickly. It takes a real tuner to have a vision and make it a reality. There is no better feeling than looking at your own car and feeling like "damn this is exactly what I wanted it to be." In my mind real tuners build timeless cars - not trendy ones, that means it will give you and observers the same feeling over time whether it's 3 or 20 years from now.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by ls/vtecstitch View Post
          I know they are older threads and DC integras but since Fortune Auto is a little more local to my side, I see more Hondas around here with them. All I could dig up within 5 seconds in the for sale thread. Just thought I would provide in case you would like to reach out to them.

          http://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda...ra-gsr-472831/


          http://www.vadriven.com/forums/honda...-ac-ps-416474/
          Well I registered, but I'm guessing that this site has the minimum post requirement to view the classifieds. Can't view the posts.

          Comment


          • #80
            What size were the exhaust hangers you used? Do you have a part #? Car looks good, it makes me want to get out and work on mine

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by black&tan92 View Post
              What size were the exhaust hangers you used? Do you have a part #? Car looks good, it makes me want to get out and work on mine
              Thanks man! I got them from Evasive, T1R makes a 9mm and a 12mm. I got that 12's

              http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...HAUST-BUSHINGS

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Squishmitten View Post
                Well I registered, but I'm guessing that this site has the minimum post requirement to view the classifieds. Can't view the posts.

                Guess the rules changed out there.

                So I went to send a pm to both owners for permission to hand out their number on some technical questions but both members haven't been active for years.
                Originally posted by jdecks23
                Especially in the Honda scene where people are cheap, do things in distaste and move on quickly. It takes a real tuner to have a vision and make it a reality. There is no better feeling than looking at your own car and feeling like "damn this is exactly what I wanted it to be." In my mind real tuners build timeless cars - not trendy ones, that means it will give you and observers the same feeling over time whether it's 3 or 20 years from now.

                Comment


                • #83
                  No worries man! I'm perfectly fine with just getting this done so I can feel em for myself. More of a curiosity than a need. I appreciate your efforts though

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Miracle X! I wish my DA was further along so I could even mount mine. It's just stashed away in a box...

                    Honestly purists are gonna be purists but its hard to hate on anything tastefully done using quality parts. I'm guessing that's why you haven't received any negativity over it. I can't wait to see your car done! It's going to be awesome!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I'm leaning towards the Miracle X. ICB's site says they have one of the type ones in stock, so if I can just go pick it up that's a huge plus for me.

                      I'm YEARNING to see some updates on yours man! I feel the same, your attention to detail is unreal. I want to take a wire wheel to the whole bottom of my car and POR 15 everything. While we're on the subject, a couple thousand stitch welds would be nice too

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Oh wow, they have one in stock? That would be awesome to pick one up in person and avoid the wait. When I got mine from them I think they said to expect to wait 6 weeks for delivery but it turned into more like 3 months. Wasn't a huge issue for me since my car will never be finished anyway but I get a little impatient waiting for that long for something I'm excited about. I would love to live near ICB but I could definitely see it getting me in trouble financially, lol.

                        You're altogether too kind man. It's just a beater chassis getting some revamping. Nothing that special about my build, especially now that it's become so neglected. I really do want to get back to working on it regularly but my time is pulled in so many different directions lately. That whole wire wheeling the bottom of the car and POR15'ing it is where I'm at right now and it's honestly just about as "fun" as shaving the bay. Worth it in the end though I suppose...

                        Maybe I've missed it but what are your plans for the car when its done? Weekend fun car? Track sloot?

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          The site says they have one Type 1 in stock, I hope it's not an error. Their warehouse is huge, so it wouldn't surprise me. It's awesome living so close. I found out my oil pump was bad, went to ICB and picked up an OEM one within the hour. The constant temptation is daunting though, my savings account definitely suffers, haha.

                          No need to be modest man, your build has that attention to detail that so many miss. It's definitely been an inspiration for mine

                          This will be my daily as well as a weekend track car. I've been wanting to get on the track for a while, kinda fell off for a few years so when I picked this up, I went really fast with it. I was lucky enough to have gotten a decent job a few years ago and have been holding steady, working all the OT they offer. I just want to drive it as much as possible, I love this thing.

                          I spent a solid day today out in the garage. My back is killing me, but it was worth it. I managed to finish up most of the metal work on the radiator support.

                          Sorry for the shitty pics, it was getting dark out.



                          Tomorrow there's a local drift event. Took some time off work and gonna head out and hopefully catch a few ride a longs with my buddy in his 240. Should be fun!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Eh, she's a beater but still my baby. Glad its an inspiration though! I think it's been 9 years I've owned that car now, by far the longest ownership vehicle I've had. Lol.

                            Bay is coming along great! Can't wait to see it finished!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by rollinmyda View Post
                              Eh, she's a beater but still my baby. Glad its an inspiration though! I think it's been 9 years I've owned that car now, by far the longest ownership vehicle I've had. Lol.

                              Bay is coming along great! Can't wait to see it finished!
                              Thank you sir! That feeling is mutual.

                              Progress has been slow, working constantly doesn't really give me much time for anything.

                              I made it to the chiropractor yesterday to discover I have some issues with my L1 vertebrae, it's compressed in the front causing constant dull pain. Yay new expenses! To be honest though, it was a really good experience. The guy was very professional and definitely knew what he was doing. He folded me up and dropped the Macho Man elbow on me a few times, but everything felt great afterwards.

                              I did get a chance to run up to ICB and chat with Matt for a bit, and brought this bad boy home.





                              Has anyone else seen a Type One X bar with this badge? I know they usually came with the black badge, but switched to the silver for Type 2. Thought it was pretty cool



                              I managed to get a little bit of work done, and I mean very little, haha.

                              Installed my block plug



                              Picked up some new filler



                              And got a little bit of sanding done

                              Last edited by Squishmitten; 10 Apr 2016, 16:08:31.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                i like how u bought that bar just so i couldn't!!! LOL

                                and why u delete the breather box?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X