Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 91 DA9, Labor of love! I have the 2nd gen bug for sure...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This carpet has bothered me since I bought the car. It's worn completely through in two areas. Most of it is really tired looking. I began removing the interior in preparation for the new carpet kit from stockinteriors.com. I went with a midnight blue, with the mass backing to provide a little sound deadening.

Comment

Here you can see just how tired the carpet is, with the seats out I'm going to take the opportunity to have them shampood at a local car wash.

Comment

so much more room for activities!

Comment

I ended up removing the door panel, the driver side glass in order to get the regulator out. I have manual windows, and the driver side one has been getting stuck lately. Turns out I need a new one so I ordered one for an EF civic. I hope they are the same, will find out later this week. Also taking this chance to recover all of the panel inserts.

Comment

and here we have the problem. I am completely stumped on how to remove the rear panels. There must be some screws or bolts I am missing! I ordered an interior tool kit, so hopefully that combined with my service manual should be enough to figure it out. Any tips?

Comment

Peter, if I remember correctly those side panels are pretty much all clips and not screws but there are a couple of those plastic screw/clip combo type deals. In the picture you posted, do you see the indentation below and to the left of the blue square? There should be a fastener there.

In addition to that you'll need to remove the interior plastic panel that covers where the tail lights are. And you'll need to remove the speaker grills - perhaps the speakers themselves.
              Track Project DB2 #896
              LeMons Project DA9
              My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Peter, if I remember correctly those side panels are pretty much all clips and not screws but there are a couple of those plastic screw/clip combo type deals. In the picture you posted, do you see the indentation below and to the left of the blue square? There should be a fastener there.

In addition to that you'll need to remove the interior plastic panel that covers where the tail lights are. And you'll need to remove the speaker grills - perhaps the speakers themselves.
                Colin, I think I have everything taken apart, just need to yank on it at this point. I didnt want to break any more tabs so I thought I would check first lol

EDIT. GOT IT OUT. Missed a couple screws like everyone said. pulled away from the door and she came right out. Just gotta wipe everything down a bit and Im ready for the new carpet. Going on a junk yard marathon this weekend for parts as well.
                Last edited by pkda9; 17 Feb 2017, 18:25:45.

Comment

Got those rear panels out and boy were they dirty. Time to clean them up and take those inserts out

Comment

Here is what the back of those inserts look like. It looks like it will be fairly easy to re-cover these. The new fabric is in and I think its gonna look great! Girlfriend helped me pick out some houndstooth design

Comment

Here you can see I re-covered the speaker grill with the new fabric. I think it came out great. I will need an extra pair of hands on the larger pieces as the material tends to stretch, leaving wavy lines

Comment

I spent most of the weekend getting the carpet kit in to position. I found that its best to take your time, tackle one trim at a time. The carpet i ordered from stockinteriors.com is SO THICK. I ordered the extra this cut pile carpet, with the mass backing. So this makes it more difficult to form in to place. But with lots of grunting and swearing, it is 90% there at this point. I think once its all done it will be worth it, adding a level of quiet and comfort to the car

Comment

This is shot of the center console test fit. I added a leather shift boot (came from poland, direct fit! ordered on amazon) and I painted the little "tray" insert on the center console black. I'm excited to see all of this come together. Also notice the "period correct" Honda stereo

Comment

Looking good nice to see update on your car.

Comment

I had an embarrassing moment. Stopped to take some pics with my buddies and I lost my keys in the grass. SOOOO, while I stood guard by my car waiting for a locksmith, I had time to fall in love with the JDP flush wing. First time i've had it out of the garage with it on lol

Comment

And Im constantly reminded why I put so much time and energy towards this car. Pics of the finished interior coming this week!

Comment

Working...
                                X