Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 91 DA9, Labor of love! I have the 2nd gen bug for sure...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pkda9 View Post
    Love the DA9. Quick question on the radiator. Do you mind letting me know the parts/part numbers that you ordered? It looks like our regular AC fan does not work with it. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Did you make it to the meet? We were not able to its our town Fiesta and I had to drive to Santa Maria ca.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigSung View Post
        Love the DA9. Quick question on the radiator. Do you mind letting me know the parts/part numbers that you ordered? It looks like our regular AC fan does not work with it. Thanks in advance.
        here you go. I ordered on amazon.com MMRAD-INT-90

[LIST][*]Direct fit for the 1990

Comment

• Pulled the header off and I started polishing it. Never sanded metal like this before. Started with a 400 grit. Once I got all the oxidation and buildup off I did a pass with the 800 grit. After that I have some 1000 paper, then 1500 and on to 3000 grit. Then Rolite metal polish with a power cone. Should be nice once its done

Comment

• Header is looking good!
            -Nick
            http://SneakerHistory.com - http://twitter.com/nickengvall -

Sponsors Wanted!

Comment

• Got the DA pulled in to storage where its going under some more changes. B17 is coming out, after serving me for 2 long years. Got the car ready in a couple of hours.

Comment

• Plates are gonna have to change lol

Comment

• Header, radiator removed. Got the harness ready and various other things unplugged. Cant forget the speedo cable this time.

Comment

• so my brother was checking out the new engine, and asked me if this is normal. Blue belly has good taste in pistons

Comment

• Took a few hours because I was doing it myself, but got everything out clean and no damage. I put the type R up on the engine stand so I can start prepping it. And the b17 is getting broken down, taking what I need off it before selling it on to the next person.

Comment

• Here they are, two badass engines haha if only I could keep both! well I guess i could technically, but that would be greedy...

Comment

• So ive made some progress on the new swap. Still waiting on a few things as Im sure you know how that goes. But I got the engine painted. I know painting blocks isn't always a great idea. but this is a weekend toy and it's garaged most of the time. So I went with something different than the typical aluminum paint. Decided to do pontiac blue, an engine paint I fell in love with a while back. I used 2k clear coat per recommendation from several people

Comment

• Went ahead and cut the timing cover on my spare valve cover. this will be for tuning etc. i think it came out nice in the pontiac blue

Comment

• here is a shot of the block with the head on and the valve cover sitting there just to get an idea what it will look like. Getting excited. Next is the trans, just ordered the rebuild kit for my ys1 short gear.

Comment

• Cant wait ro see it running again time and dedication right there props to you!

Comment

Working...
                                X