Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you use the Acura factory service manual?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a Chilton's manual in my Teg, when I brought it home. I looked through it, and quickly realized...... unless you plan on replacing/repairing the engine, those manuals are completely useless.

I've worked in or been running around a GM dealer, my whole life. My dad was a GM parts manager, before I could even see over the counter. The ONLY service manual is the factory service manual. Even my Helm's reprint is a Godsend. I've repaired SO many things with it. I love it almost as much as my little Teg.

Comment

I'm an electrician by trade and soon to be an EE, and I have little interest in a lot of the newer systems outside of engine controls. I have started studying the Can bus in my free time in case I find automotive related work after graduation next year.

Colin: That sounds like what I have electrically as well. I will check sometime soon and compare what I have.

Comment

I have a hard copy of the factory service manual. So helpful! Though I will say that I've found some of the wiring diagrams to be inaccurate. The designated wire colors were not correct in a few instances I came across last year.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen that too. IIRC the times I saw it happen was when there was one wire color at one end and then it changed colors at the other end.
          Track Project DB2 #896
          LeMons Project DA9
          My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

There are a few parts of the wiring that change insulation color code, but overall there are excellent schematics and flow charts. There are some things that I also found quite odd like how the non-A/C USDM cooling fan grounds power through the coolant switch and does no use a control relay. I also noticed a few ground designs were sub-optimal when going through the chassis and engine harness on this 91 db1.

Comment

Originally posted by darin d View Post
              There are a few parts of the wiring that change insulation color code, but overall there are excellent schematics and flow charts. There are some things that I also found quite odd like how the non-A/C USDM cooling fan grounds power through the coolant switch and does no use a control relay. I also noticed a few ground designs were sub-optimal when going through the chassis and engine harness on this 91 db1.
              Yeah, that radiator component wiring was very interesting to me as well. When I removed my AC I did my best to mimic the factory non-AC wiring per the Helms manual. This manual always comes in handy
              Track Project DB2 #896
              LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Sooo.. which is better the factory service manual or the Helms??

Comment

Originally posted by 92greenmachine View Post
                  Sooo.. which is better the factory service manual or the Helms??
                  They are the same. Helms makes the factory service manual we're talking about.
                  Track Project DB2 #896
                  LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Working...
                  X