headlights interest thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights interest thread

Well I'm taking this project and all my updates to facebook since this website is not much activity going around.

I were wondering if anybody would be interested in a one piece black housing headlights that resemble the DC2 JDM Integra Type-R headlights?

UPDATE: I did a photoshop on the headlights but I'm not that good of doing it as you can see. Just get an idea what it will look like.

UPDATE 03/08/2018: So I had time today to do a mock up of the headlights well one of the headlight and it looks okay except the high beam light it looks foggy.

Last edited by DRAGONDB1; 22 Mar 2018, 04:31:23.

Why are you asking? Are you able to make replicas? The Type-R ones don't fit exactly where the OEM ones do - I believe the Type-R ones are a bit shorter. Or are you only referring to the projector-type lights that are on the inside?
    NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
    ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Originally posted by N FUL FX View Post
      Why are you asking? Are you able to make replicas? The Type-R ones don't fit exactly where the OEM ones do - I believe the Type-R ones are a bit shorter. Or are you only referring to the projector-type lights that are on the inside?
      Well I got someone who can make the headlights for me. I understand that the Type-R doesn't fit because they are too short in length. I want to have a slim projector, slim high beam, and corner light just like a JDM one piece headlights. I tried building one before but I fail because I couldn't get the lights to fit into the car I were using the Type-R counterparts and it were too deep the radiator support has to be modify in order to fit.

Comment

I was thinking of taking the aftermarket one-pieces, and retro-fitting the projector headlights into those. You can see the end result here: http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/201...-retrofit.html

The cost is really high though, unfortunately.
        ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

I would definitely be interested in a headlight upgrade that improved nighttime visibility while also looking OEM quality.

Comment

Originally posted by N FUL FX View Post
            I was thinking of taking the aftermarket one-pieces, and retro-fitting the projector headlights into those. You can see the end result here: http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/201...-retrofit.html

The cost is really high though, unfortunately.
            Looks nice and clean. How much is it anyways?

Originally posted by DawsonB17A
            I would definitely be interested in a headlight upgrade that improved nighttime visibility while also looking OEM quality.
            Great! I'm planning to add warranty for the lights of 1 year for any mishap.

Comment

Of course, keep it mind the price would have to be somewhat reasonable!

Comment

The quote I got was $475 before the cost of the lights. I haven't been able to find the chrome version of those headlights anymore either -- just the black housing. I think the chrome ones look more OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonB17A View Post
                  Of course, keep it mind the price would have to be somewhat reasonable!
                  I think I will price the headlights at $350.

Originally posted by N FUL FX
                  The quote I got was $475 before the cost of the lights. I haven't been able to find the chrome version of those headlights anymore either -- just the black housing. I think the chrome ones look more OEM.
                  Damn pretty hefty hmmmm reminds long time ago when bodyshop would sell JDM one piece headlights for $600 new. Yeah the chrome version look more OEM.

Comment

I have some funds now to do this project. If anybody is interested in it.

Oh yeah, I have a question. If I decide to mass produce this and were to sell it on here. Do I need a permit?

Comment

Are you going to have any photos of a "prototype" set of headlights? And possibly photos of a beam pattern (taken at night obviously) Something concrete so we'd know what to expect?

Comment

Originally posted by DawsonB17A View Post
                        Are you going to have any photos of a "prototype" set of headlights? And possibly photos of a beam pattern (taken at night obviously) Something concrete so we'd know what to expect?
                        Yes, I will do all that.

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                          X