Royals' Super Slo-Mo build thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royals' Super Slo-Mo build thread

Okay, my Integra owning brethren. I'm going to do my best at a build/restoration thread.

I found a Saxony Blue 1991 Integra GS for sale, on Craigslist. Drove over the mountains to Denver on a cold Spring morning to get him. Glad I went the day I did. The next day, an avalanche closed the highway. Turns out it was the guy's first car. He was glad to know it's going to a true gen-2 enthusiast. The car hasn't run, since 2014. He said it was overheated to the point of no return. A full engine rebuild or replacement is required. He already purchased a 1990 B18A1, but just never got around to swapping it in.

Enough chatter.... on with the pics.

On the trailer
    1.jpg

On the ground for pics before things get serious.
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Last edited by RoyalsJunkie; 16 Apr 2019, 04:58:35. Reason: Edited for pic sizing

The interior is pretty shot.
    4.JPG
    5.JPG

I really didn't expect any different. Already planned on replacing it all, anyway. I am not a fan of the "denim-ish" material used in 1991 interiors.
    Last edited by RoyalsJunkie; 16 Apr 2019, 05:05:00.

Comment

Friday night at the shop.... Let's get this party started.!!

engine/trans are out.
      6.jpg
      7.jpg

Couldn't decide if I wanted to put in the other engine to move it easily, or go to town with disassembly and cleaning.

Made the executive decision to gut the engine bay for cleanup and paint, if necessary.
      Part way through gutting the bay.
      8.jpg

For anyone who hasn't tried to completely gut an engine bay, this is A LOT of work. Takes time and patience to get things apart without damage on a 28 year old car.

Comment

Working...
      X