No announcement yet.

**The official DB1 thread! pictures, advice, tips, etc..! (4dr's part 4!)**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its needs a new clutch kit, Axles, radiator. (thats just to get it moving)

It also needs a valve cover gasket, O ring gasket, Cam seal, shift linkage,

Comment

• b20vtec and build it from the bottom up IMO...if the money is right
      That's what I'm leaning towards.... And I want to do it right... But im not really worried about the engine build as much as im worried about the electric part, as far as OBD0 --> OBD1 conversion is concerned and ECU tuning.

But anyway.... I was so excited to find this thread, i decided to go take some shots around my campus and what not... so, without further adieu...

Comment

• i fuckin love that camber

Comment

• lol... I don't... I mean, it looks kool, but the money I spend on new tires could go towards engine mods, or finding extremely rare JDM parts...LMAO. I'm getting a camber kit asap!

But... It does look sexii

Comment

• i know about that all too well. i was driving with the wire showing on my tires and i didnt even expect it to go bad that soon. im thinking about a set of dark purple wheels on my black db1. not too bright. and the obd0-obd1 doesnt seem too complicated. i just did all my wiring for that but i havent finished quite yet so i'll let you know how it went. b20/vtec all the way. im running a stock b20/vtec with a b20b bottom end, gsr head with skunk 2 intake manifold, arp's, and a chipped p28 with a tune from a local guy. i think there's some other stuff in there that im forgetting. i had a lightened flywheel from the setup in my hatch but im using a stock flywheel for now on the db1

Comment

• How is the "stock" b20/vtec working out for you... For every positive thing i hear about it, I hear 2 negative comments about it. Is it running strong? How high do you rev it? Is the bottom end COMPLETLY stock?

Comment

• bottom end completely stock. i rev to about 8k but i dont have a rev limiter i believe and i've been up to about 8500 which worries me at times but it ran really strong in my hatch for a year and we'll see how long it lasts in the db1. take care of your motor and it should last as long as it was assembled properly. take necessary precautions as making sure your vtec head isnt warped etc. use quality parts and it should be just fine. no need to rev past 8k. i wanna boost it but then i know i'll blow it for sure. also, get a decent tune

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkDB1 View Post
                  its needs a new clutch kit, Axles, radiator. (thats just to get it moving)

It also needs a valve cover gasket, O ring gasket, Cam seal, shift linkage,
                  FYI i bought my all aluminum radiator from EBAY...TOTAL EBAY SPECIAL for like $130-140 shipped and my car runs a lil cooler than stock w/ the look of a koyo radiator w/ the price almost less than stock

i bought a competition clutch kit stage 1 from nopi for like $200shipped(super duper deal), but clutch kit dont run too much maybe like anothe $40 more than what i paid for the exedy stage 1..axles...im not sure yet, i have to find some and im thinking..UPGRADE

Comment

• Today was pay day. Im going to order the exedy stage 1 clutch with fidanza 7.5LB flywheel and get a Fluidyne radiator with samco hoses and a slim fan.... Total of about $850...

I have 2 "rare" DB1 parts coming in the mail . I dont know how rare they are since a member (i think 2) have posted their pictures on here with both "rare" items... And 1 of them doesnt seem to be rare anymore since every DB1 seems to have it now.

Comment

• clutch/flywheel setup choice is excellent. ebay? i cant understand why the 90-91 clutches are so much more expensive than the 92-93 clutches

Comment

• I have a 93 GSR Transmission (YS1) so i have to get a 92-93 clutch kit+ flywheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkDB1 View Post
                          Today was pay day. Im going to order the exedy stage 1 clutch with fidanza 7.5LB flywheel and get a Fluidyne radiator with samco hoses and a slim fan.... Total of about $850...

I have 2 "rare" DB1 parts coming in the mail . I dont know how rare they are since a member (i think 2) have posted their pictures on here with both "rare" items... And 1 of them doesnt seem to be rare anymore since every DB1 seems to have it now.
                          Exedy/Fidanza FTW. Now if I only hadn't mucked up the tranny rebuild I'd be happy. What kind of DB1 goodies did you get?

Comment

• Window visors and the lip spoiler

Comment

• lucky you. i want a 92-93 tranny. this shit is gay

Comment

• Exedy Stage 1 Clutch+7.5LB Fidanza Flywheel was $380 shipped... Fluidyne Radiator with Samco Hoses was $404 Shipped.

I have been trying to save up to get all the parts necessary to fully repair the DB1... The clutch/flywheel (i ordered), The radiator+hoses, Slim fan, Axles, B18B powder coated valve cover, OEM valve cover gasket, Skunk2 camseal, O-ring gasket, Suspension Techniques rear sway bar (mine was missing a bracket, but Cagalache gave me one of his spares... but i still wanted a ST bar)... Then the amount to have it towed to Tegboi's shop and have them install most (if not all) the parts.

Everytime i got close, I did something stupid... Like going on a shopping spree... Like today (Doesnt help my mom needed to borrow $400 either), I went and spent $300 on excersize equipment. So im going to try and order as many parts as i can each pay day until i accumilate everything needed... The window visors i got them for $170 shipped in near mint condition (everythings there, they just need a good cleaning) and the spoiler i think was $175 shipped from a member on here... I just couldnt pass them up

Now im trying to buy a set of JDM 1 pieces... I intend on doing a color change to the DB1 in the near future and the EbayDM 1 pieces wont match the color i want. I will miss the HIDs

Comment

Working...
                                X