No announcement yet.

Long build in process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still, no big updates... Just a few parts here and there. Been looking for a new house so my car fund has been put on restriction lol

Any who.

I caved and bought those stock-length ARP studs. So now I have 20 OEM studs just chilling. Aaaaaahhhhhhh well. Whatever.

Since the car was sitting mismatched steelies and one aftermarket 17" wheel, I figured some stock rollers would be a good idea. I settled on some blades. Thankfully I have a father in law who polishes for a living. A good $200 spent if I do say so myself. That way I have some regular wheels to roll on, as I intend to pick up some CE28Ns eventually. But now it's on matching wheels and they'll do for now.

Also I snagged up a set of OE rear tail light gaskets. Everyone is so scared of them being discontinued.. figured I'd use my contact at Acura and put his discount to use!

A local buddy decided to part out his DB2 project, and he offered me his custom seat rails for Recaro/DA. Now I guess I have to find another set of Recaros :/

My brother found a person on the FaceBook selling some legit Civic Type-Rx pedals and talked me into buying a set. I figured eh, for the price, screw it. Also, my clutch pedal has no rubber pad, and is hell to drive if it's raining or you have slick shoes.

This made me recall a set of pedals I pilfered off of one of my brothers cars before it went to the junker... They're sitting in storage somewhere I believe.

Old school "Jamex" pedals that were made by Momo.

Also, I had my brother snag a couple '90-91 front bumpers and one rear bumper... My goal is to have one bumper for each lip/cover. So, one for the OE front lip, one for the Fugen front cover, one for the OE rear lip, one for the Fugen rear cover.. that way I don't have to worry about keeping the rest of the bumper clean when removing/installing the Fugen covers. It will be a one-and-done sort of thing.

Sorry about the lack of photos, but not being around all these parts kind of hinders my ability lol.

Thanks for reading, though!

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post
      My brother came through again and hooked me up with a nice rear-strut bar. It is originally an EK bar, but I will see what it takes to make fit my chassis. Would rather not cut the panels, but we'll see what it takes.

You can modify that bar and make it fit. All you need to do is redrill the brackets and cut off the excess material that will make contact with the bar.

As for installation on the car with the plastic panels. You will have to trim a little bit of the covers to clear the bracket. Here is how i did it on miines.

Carpet is a little dirty so ignore it.lol

Comment

• Nice update Sean! Another pair of Recaros in your future!?

Comment

• Originally posted by rollinmyda View Post
          Nice update Sean! Another pair of Recaros in your future!?
          Most definitely! Though, no estimate of when that will happen lol.

So, for those that I don't keep in touch with over FB/text, there has been a bit of a change... I MOVED BACK TO UTAH!!!!! So this year I will be able to actually implement some of these changes and finish/install some of these parts that have been piling up for the last few years.

After moving back, of course I had some parts-shuffling to do, and this is the current condition of the car

SUPER dusty... Apparently I never put the car cover back on when I last drove it,.. D'OH!

Christmas was pretty good to me! My brother got me this gem... I've really liked his since he got one for his EK. Real excited for this one!.

Also, these should help in ridding some of that head-noise that I've been hearing:

Troy, from Canada, also robbed me of a lot of my money this past year lol...

After having the knock-off CE's... I NEEDED the real thing. I loved the look of the wheels, and the blue color.. Troy was able to make me a stellar deal on these.

And since he was in the middle of returning his DB2 to stock, I was able to relieve him of these since he no longer needed them.

These... these will kick some ass and make the Fortune Auto's stay planted. These were a gift to myself, from myself, for Christmas 2015. As if the HaSports weren't enough, the ride is sure to be much more annoying-yet-satisfyingly stiff.

I also sprung for some Timken wheel bearings and Moog inner/outer tie rods, as well as new front and rear hubs.

Here are a few small pieces to finish up the transmission swap, when I decide to tackle it. Axle seals, TOB, new return/helper spring, and a new rubber boot for the linkage connection. I also swooped up some Torco MTF and an Exedy Stage 1 clutch disk. I'll stick with the OEM flywheel though. Never been a fan of the lightweight stuff.

I couldn't help it... These came up locally and I had to snag them. My brother has wanted a set for years, and finding them in 4x100/16" is very rare these days. I figured they will flip back and forth between his car and my car. White though.. ugh... That will have to change. I'll never do white wheels again!

A long time friend of ours had been going through his parts stash and I saw something that I really really wanted. This damn JDM transmission is killing me with its 3rd gear grind. My goal has been to find a hydro gearset and swap it into my LS cable case. We ended up reaching a deal for a great setup. ITR 1-4th, LS 5th, 4.4 FD Non-LSD (booo!) I had it rebuild with synchrotech carbon synchros and now it is ready to install.

Now, this next purchase.... yeah.. it will get some groans and moans I'm sure. Anyone who is on the groups on FB probably saw them pop up. BNIB, never mounted, and I've been told they look like the OBX version.

There isn't a high chance that I'll actually use them, honestly I'm pretty neutral about them. Mainly, I bought them because of how much they are going for these days. Figured if they stay BNIB, they will likely hold value for a while.

Still wrapped in film!

Another batch of goodies popped up on FB that I jumped on. Now, there was a miscommunication between me and the seller... I was supposed to get a BNIB rear "INTEGRA" badge. After payment was sent though, the guy said that he made a mistake and didn't have as many as he thought. He DID, however, have a BNIB front hood A emblem, which I've been needing. Carl in Colorado hooked me up with a badge that was in pretty good condition, now I have the BNIB one and it will probably stay in packaging. *sigh*... The life of a hoarder. I was also able to snag the guys '92-93 bumper plugs and a rear JDM H emblem.

Last March I came back home to visit, for my birthday. I got a call from a buddy who works at Acura, and he told me I HAD to come look at a car they just got in. I loved what he had to show me... a 2013 TSX with a few factory goodies. with 13,000 miles. I had to snag it. The price and mileage made it a no brainer.

Well... That's prettymuch it so far. With the weather, snow and all, there's not much that I can do with the car itself. I need to take some time and start working on the OE lip kit and get that ready for install. But... in time... Now that we're home, I can actually put in work! I'M BACK!!!!!
          Last edited by unified112; 11 Jan 2017, 05:43:48.

Comment

• very nice sir. with all the legit parts

Comment

• Damn Sean, one hell of an update! Stoked to see you got some CE's - will you be keeping them gold? Funny you picked up those Enkei's - nearly same situation for me - I found a set of RC-T1's on craiglist and couldn't pass them up. I had a picture exactly like that of them in the bed of my truck but I couldn't find it And HUGE score on that front emblem! I've been thinking I need one of those for a while and they're impossible to find. I should probably just bite the bullet and buy the expensive NSX version. And lastly, congrats on the TSX!

Keep the updates comin'
              Track Project DB2 #896
              LeMons Project DA9
              My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

• Originally posted by turboda4dr View Post
                very nice sir. with all the legit parts
                Thank you sir! It has been a LONG project.. but I'm really hoping to gain some momentum this year.

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                Damn Sean, one hell of an update! Stoked to see you got some CE's - will you be keeping them gold? Funny you picked up those Enkei's - nearly same situation for me - I found a set of RC-T1's on craiglist and couldn't pass them up. I had a picture exactly like that of them in the bed of my truck but I couldn't find it And HUGE score on that front emblem! I've been thinking I need one of those for a while and they're impossible to find. I should probably just bite the bullet and buy the expensive NSX version. And lastly, congrats on the TSX!

Keep the updates comin'
                How you been brother?!

RC-T1s? Are those the same as NTs? They look identical.. Either way, they'll looks sweet on your car man. Definitely keep me posted!

The CE's... really not sure. I may be getting them coated in Mag Blue. I really like the look that gave the car. White looked terrible, imo. Don't think the car will ever have white wheels again! So the Enkei's will definitely be coated. For the sake of funds, the CE's may stay gold for the year. The biggest issue we are running into with wheel color decisions is, ideally, I would like both sets to look good on my car AND my brother's EK. Not sure if we will ever reach an agreement on what color they should go lmao.

Comment

• Holy long-overdue-yet-completely-awesome update! I'm jealous of quite a few of those parts! What chassis is that mirror for? Does it fit our mirrors ok? You gotta get those fortunes installed and give a review! I've heard so much good about them that they've peaked my interest quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing how you like them! Get to work!

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post
                    How you been brother?!

RC-T1s? Are those the same as NTs? They look identical.. Either way, they'll looks sweet on your car man. Definitely keep me posted!

The CE's... really not sure. I may be getting them coated in Mag Blue. I really like the look that gave the car. White looked terrible, imo. Don't think the car will ever have white wheels again! So the Enkei's will definitely be coated. For the sake of funds, the CE's may stay gold for the year. The biggest issue we are running into with wheel color decisions is, ideally, I would like both sets to look good on my car AND my brother's EK. Not sure if we will ever reach an agreement on what color they should go lmao.
                    I've been pretty good, busy as always but I can't really complain. My car is STILL at the body shop, it's actually been great to have 10+ months of free storage while I work on house/garage projects. But I'm starting to put pressure on the guy to finish, hopefully she'll be home within a couple weeks - and then I need to find time to put her back together.

Yes, the RC-T1's are basically the precursor to the NT-03. It's funny that they do look basically identical but in reality they have 2 extra spokes. My car being white white wheels look really good, but I have a set of white wheels already (GRN-R) so my plan was to do them in a silver or gunmetal color. I was even contemplating one of the fancy looking Volk silver colors.

For the CE's I think gold has really fallen out of fashion - well, I think with all wheels really. The ones I picked up were gold too and I think I got the deal I did because no one wanted gold. I still love Mag Blue, it's just really hard to find someone who can match it well. But hopefully you still have plenty of body shop contacts - or are you still working at one? I've also really started to like the new "hyper" blue that Rays is using, it's a bit bright though for a lowkey street car.

Track Project DB2 #896
                    LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• Did you order the full Hardrace bushing kit? I used their RTA bushings and they made a world of difference over the old tired stock units with no squeaking or any other downsides. They also had the upside of making the back end feel a lot more planted.

Comment

Holy long-overdue-yet-completely-awesome update! I'm jealous of quite a few of those parts! What chassis is that mirror for? Does it fit our mirrors ok? You gotta get those fortunes installed and give a review! I've heard so much good about them that they've peaked my interest quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing how you like them! Get to work!
                        Haha, indeed.. WAY overdue.

the mirror is for the EK9 chassis I believe. When I get back to my storage I will double check for sure what the PN is.

*edit*

the part# 76400-BRM-001 is listed as fitting: Suitable for Beat PP1, Civic EK4, Civic EK9 Type R, FIT / Jazz GD1 / GD2 / GD3 / GD4, Integra DC2 Type R, Integra DC5 Type R, NSX NA1, NSX NA2

It fits my mirror perfectly.

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                        I've been pretty good, busy as always but I can't really complain. My car is STILL at the body shop, it's actually been great to have 10+ months of free storage while I work on house/garage projects. But I'm starting to put pressure on the guy to finish, hopefully she'll be home within a couple weeks - and then I need to find time to put her back together.

Yes, the RC-T1's are basically the precursor to the NT-03. It's funny that they do look basically identical but in reality they have 2 extra spokes. My car being white white wheels look really good, but I have a set of white wheels already (GRN-R) so my plan was to do them in a silver or gunmetal color. I was even contemplating one of the fancy looking Volk silver colors.

For the CE's I think gold has really fallen out of fashion - well, I think with all wheels really. The ones I picked up were gold too and I think I got the deal I did because no one wanted gold. I still love Mag Blue, it's just really hard to find someone who can match it well. But hopefully you still have plenty of body shop contacts - or are you still working at one? I've also really started to like the new "hyper" blue that Rays is using, it's a bit bright though for a lowkey street car.

I'm no longer working at my brother's shop... But we still maintain a good relationship with a great powdercoater, so we got that part covered. It took long enough to settle with an exterior paint color... Now it's round 2 for the damn wheels lol.

Originally posted by boltonhonda View Post
                        Did you order the full Hardrace bushing kit? I used their RTA bushings and they made a world of difference over the old tired stock units with no squeaking or any other downsides. They also had the upside of making the back end feel a lot more planted.
                        Yes sir I ordered the entire kit and added the RTAs. Really no point in leaving any of them out at this point. 23 years and 210k miles have likely done some damage to the OG bushings. Reaaaally excited to feel the car after installing them.
                        Last edited by unified112; 17 Jan 2017, 02:18:16.

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks for the info! Where did you order from if you don't mind my asking? Icb?

Comment

• my brother bought it for me.. Either ICB OR King would by my guess...

Comment

• Sweet, thanks! I checked em out, surprisingly affordable for a spoon part...

Comment

Sweet, thanks! I checked em out, surprisingly affordable for a spoon part...
                                It's a functional mod too, definitely improved my visibility. Especially since it's hard for me to move much in my seat and see around my roll bar.
                                Track Project DB2 #896
                                LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Working...
                                X