No announcement yet.

Taillight gasket replacement heads up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read the post like 10 times but I didn't see what thickness everyone bought (If i'm blind, apologies). From Oki_boy's post I'm guessing 1/4 but Neil, what size is the kind you got?

I'm gonna do this tonight hopefully...

TIA
    Bad spellers of the world...

UNTIE!!

This is nucking futz!

Comment

Nah 1/4 seems to small... it's probably 1/2.
      NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
      Sep 2015 ODOMETER: ~555K km / ~345K miles.
      ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Factory Oem Gaskets

Hey ya'll if you wanna not use glue and get the oem replacement gaskets I found a site that sells oem gaskets for $18.14 a piece the site is www.acuraparts247.com

Comment

Thats what I paid for them from the Dealer here in Tucson...havent installed them yet...Only get rain every other decade here!

Still wish I woulda seen this sooner...3$ is better than 36+

Comment

are the gaskets for the 90-91 tailights the same as for the 92-93 tails?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle10182
              are the gaskets for the 90-91 tailights the same as for the 92-93 tails?
              Yes they are the same.
              Here is the part number if you gonna go with OEM.
              33503-SK7-A01
              http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/home.jsp
              :edit: I always get a discount by puting this code in the "Newsletter discount code" space "AC012" So It will be $39.40 in total if you put that code in.

As for me I am going to buy the Poly Foam Weatherstrip at ACE Hardware
              Last edited by segundoGeN-TeG; 29 Jun 2005, 02:07:45.

Comment

hey guyz would u people know if this stuff could be used too?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...t_category_rn=

Comment

i dunno...that is only a 1/4" thick, it may be too thin.(unless maybe you double up..) i got mine from the auto store, its much thicker and comes in like a 20' roll.

Comment

Originally posted by G2sleeperstyle View Post
                    i dunno...that is only a 1/4" thick, it may be too thin.(unless maybe you double up..) i got mine from the auto store, its much thicker and comes in like a 20' roll.
                    I'm having the same issue as you guys on my driverside rear light.
                    Kewl, that is where I will go.
                    Was it less expensive than walmart or the hardware store?

Dm

Comment

great thread, i did a quick search and ran upon this thread. acura discontinued the taillight gasket for our vehicles

Comment

It sucks you cant get the OEM ones anymore, cause this tip blows ass.

Comment

oh really? seems to be working fine for me as an alternative to a pond trunk

Comment

Originally posted by integra_hot View Post
                            oh really? seems to be working fine for me as an alternative to a pond trunk
                            Agreed, I wish you could find a solid piece of material like the original gasket and cut it yourself.

Comment

bringing this thread back to life. I got a little puddle in the trunk from the rain last night. Could this be the cause of a faulty taillight gasket? Thanks

Comment

Yeah that's usually the place where it is coming in. There are drain holes near the aft of the trunk floor that allow water to flow out by the tail hook. As a temporary fix, you can apply tape to the top of the tailights' black plastic covers to prevent water from getting into there and fogging up your taillights. Actually, that's another way to know if the gasket is bad.
                                NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
                                Sep 2015 ODOMETER: ~555K km / ~345K miles.
                                ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Working...
                                X