Damn Passenger side water leaks!! 56k no no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacardiBreezer View Post
    OMG it's been said in countless threads...search...you need the 8 cowl plugs from the dealer

It leaks from OTHER places other then the 8 cowl plugs. I've already said that.
    -="JHaradon: I put out doood....I don't even own a comb!"=-

gearheadgirlie: haha arman you son of a bitch. you LOVE this topic. and you LOVE me..

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90 View Post
      So let me get this straight... since you already showed us where the leak is coming from , from the outside part.. we DON'T need to tear apart under the dash correct? Just find the piece from the outside and silicone that mofo up good?

I just showed the places where it leaked for me, since I had already fixed the cowl plugs and it was still leaking, I decided to pull the motor out so i could see into the vent so i could see where the leak was coming from.

I would be better to remove yours to see forself if it's the same place. I just posted the pictures so let everyone else know some other places leaks might be coming from. Might not be the same for everyone.

gearheadgirlie: haha arman you son of a bitch. you LOVE this topic. and you LOVE me..

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

Originally posted by DA_DRE View Post
        ^^^^ im wondering the same thing..sorry for the repeat! because sometimes when i turn the fan/ heater on when i get in the car after it rained i can hear water in the air/heater blower or ducts.. thnx in advance

Just to be on the safe side, I'd remove what I removed just so you can pour watever over the cowl piece and see exactly where it's leaking from before removing the cowl piece.

I'd also take the blower motor out to inspect it. Make sure it's dried out and the motor is fine from all the water damage.

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezethis View Post
          well i'm on the same boat "literally". i got in my car, throwing my backpack on the passenger floor, then realised i needed to get something from it. pulled the backpack up and onto my lap.........EWWWWW. freaking thing was soaked, and well there's like dirt or oil or whatever residue shiet too. previous owner looked as if he left all the windows open throughout the year. so ima have to order new cowl plugs and stuff, and the lil weather stripping thing too, cuz the guys that put on a new windshield said it was too F'd up and they didn't have one for it. =( i also noticed that my cowl doesn't have any of the black plugs on the outside, so u can see thru all the lil holes.......FREAKING A HOLE. and to add to that, the NEW weather stripping on the top passenger side of the windshield wasn't all that great, so i could see the leak coming down like where the visor is. so i also have to go and get that part redone. not a happy camper =( luckily the windshield place will repair for free.

Make sure they properly install the windshield, i've know people who had leaks because the windshiel was off just a BIT, causing passenger side leaks.

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

for me at least, silicone didn't work. I tried plumber's putty, and made sure it didnt leak, that ended up to be a temporary fix. Because of all the rain SoCal's been getting the past 2 days, my passenger side carpet is wet as hell (luckily I have OE floormats which sort of act as a "catch pan" if you will, with their rubber bottom). Surprisingly my blower fan hasnt shorted, even though I turned it on and it literally pumped water onto my carpet.

I'm going to have to open it all up and clean the crap off and look for that shoo-goo or whatever. Where would I find some anyway?

when the rain stops i'm going to have to take my carpet out to dry. Mold FTL. It's starting to smell a little already...like a locker room.

Comment

Originally posted by ez12a View Post
              for me at least, silicone didn't work. I tried plumber's putty, and made sure it didnt leak, that ended up to be a temporary fix. Because of all the rain SoCal's been getting the past 2 days, my passenger side carpet is wet as hell (luckily I have OE floormats which sort of act as a "catch pan" if you will, with their rubber bottom). Surprisingly my blower fan hasnt shorted, even though I turned it on and it literally pumped water onto my carpet.

I'm going to have to open it all up and clean the crap off and look for that shoo-goo or whatever. Where would I find some anyway?

when the rain stops i'm going to have to take my carpet out to dry. Mold FTL. It's starting to smell a little already...like a locker room.
              If the wrong type of silicone is used, or the area isn't prepped to work with silicone, it won't adhere to the surface. Of even if it isn't cured properly. All of those can go wrong very easily and cause leaks. Or it might evne be leaking from somewhere else that you didn't silicone. Thats why I took off the blower motor to see.

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

But all in all the only point of entry for water is over that blower hole right?

what if I just made something that extended underneath past the white clips and rubber boots and covered the blower hole (but not blocking it)?

Comment

Originally posted by ez12a View Post
                  But all in all the only point of entry for water is over that blower hole right?

what if I just made something that extended underneath past the white clips and rubber boots and covered the blower hole (but not blocking it)?
                  I know what your thinking, i was playing on making a funnel of some kind that pointed of to the side so that water couldn't get into the tunnel. I mean it's worth a shot.

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

Would it hurt anything to just plug the holes? I was thinking about taking out all of the plugs and either weld or quicksteel the holes closed....would that work without messing anything up?

Comment

how would you keep the blower cover on then?

Comment

Leak free baby!!! Even with all the rain we've gotten here in Norcal the past week and a half. My car's been outside the entire time and my passenger side floor is dry like the Sahara...this works man if you seal the correct areas.

Comment

Originally posted by azzurribaggio View Post
                          Leak free baby!!! Even with all the rain we've gotten here in Norcal the past week and a half. My car's been outside the entire time and my passenger side floor is dry like the Sahara...this works man if you seal the correct areas.

Good to know, but keep a eye on it in the future, but glad its working.

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

buddsda: How about instead of NARCING this thread, you just hit the REPLY button instead.

buddsda ( mailto:[email protected] ) has reported this post:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthrea...21#post1640621

This is part of this thread:
                            http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163003

This is the reason that the user gave:
                            question bro..you all you did was just put silicone over those clips?
                            mang my fucking car smells like over due ass water and smells like shit
                            cause of this bull shit ass clips and water leaking!

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all
                            administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.
                            G2IC Forum Rules | G2IC Commerce Rules

Comment

Originally posted by spikeymike View Post
                              buddsda: How about instead of NARCING this thread, you just hit the REPLY button instead.

buddsda ( mailto:[email protected] ) has reported this post:

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthrea...21#post1640621

This is part of this thread:
                              http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163003

This is the reason that the user gave:
                              question bro..you all you did was just put silicone over those clips?
                              mang my fucking car smells like over due ass water and smells like shit
                              cause of this bull shit ass clips and water leaking!

This message has been sent to all moderators of this forum, or all
                              administrators if there are no moderators.

Please respond to this post as applicable.
                              Lol, maybe he wanted to talk to you specifically mike

Team RR - Co Founder

Comment

Hhahahaha, dude this is like the 2nd time he has done that.
                                G2IC Forum Rules | G2IC Commerce Rules

Comment

Working...
                                X