Damn Passenger side water leaks!! 56k no no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDM1nt2B View Post
    Experience huh? Then you should state that and not tell him something else.
    wtf are you talking about...I made that quite clear

Comment

Originally posted by BacardiBreezer View Post
      I am 100% sure silicone does NOT work...but go ahead and waste your time if you want.
      Yep sounds clear to me.

DATEGGY39,
      WTF were you thinking? Can't you read between the lines?????? It's so clear.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM1nt2B View Post
        Yep sounds clear to me.

DATEGGY39,
        WTF were you thinking? Can't you read between the lines?????? It's so clear.
        LOL I KNOW RIGHT?!?! What the HELL was i thinking??

Comment

Are you both retards? What else does "100%" mean?

Comment

Are you both retards? What else does "100%" mean?
            NOW NOW, no need for the harsh words

Comment

IBTL

Comment

Originally posted by DATEGGY39 View Post
                NOW NOW, no need for the harsh words
                Dude, just shut up. If you had read the entire thread you would have clearly seen that I posted that I tried silicone and it did not work. At this point you're just wasting thread space.

Comment

Dude, just shut up. If you had read the entire thread you would have clearly seen that I posted that I tried silicone and it did not work. At this point you're just wasting thread space.
                  I think it has to do with your reply (below) to his original post

I am 100% sure silicone does NOT work...but go ahead and waste your time if you want.
                  I am 100% sure silicone does NOT work

Comment

Silicone may or may not work for others. Depending on the time and patience u have.

One thing though is if u are using the silicone it is best if there is the old cracked rubber thats was in place as u would use that to make a better seal. If u toss those out becoz it was cracked ripped ur better not to try it with silicone. You're probably better off dipping the bolts into the silicone and wait 15 mins and then carefully slip it in the hole and let dry to allow it to form a rubber like piece. I dont reccommend this for the average joe as u will get confused and lost, but u get the picture where i am trying to get at.

Also if u apply it and put everything back right away your just stupid.

I have done this before and all i ever need to do is remove all the stuff and plastic bolt. take all the oem cracked rubbers out and dip them in clear silicone and wait 15 mins then slip them through the hole and now apply silicone across or on the hole area and smear it good and let it dry. Before putting everything back pour some water along the gutter of the area and watch for leaks. Fix whatever one u need before putting all back together.

Comment

i used clear rtv and sealed the fuck out of it and i have no problems with leaking

Comment

Well with the year's first heavy downfall I get into my car and see (and feel) the passenger floor mat to be wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I turn on the fan and out comes the Yosemite falls!!!

I thought I fixed this fuker last year!!!! So now I'll have to get back in there sometime this week and reseal everything. The first time around I tried to be conservative and just use the bare minimum of Honda Bond around the holes and stuff. But this time I think I'm going to jizz all over that stuff and seal this leak once and for all! I better order new parts online first.....they say it'll rain for the next three days, what sucks is I'll have to wait for the car to dry out before fixing it.....UGH!!!!

So looks like the honda bond is what failed me this time...it seems it shrank over time which pretty much opened up the leak points once again..so now I need to find an alternative sealant...silicone?? What worked for you guys? or I might just glob the honda bond all over the place.

Pics before:

After...

Redo, let's hope my new method of sealing the objects up around the edges work...plus I replaced the plastic parts with new ones assuming because they have rubber gaskets those wore out over the years as well:

Last edited by azzurribaggio; 26 Oct 2009, 07:34:03.

Comment

Haha for realss, I hop into my car and the passenger side was leaking. it wasn't leaking until I removed the AC lines. Could the AC line near the firewall cause the leak?

Comment

I'm tired of mine leaking, I still see people with wet insides. What is the best method as of now? Replacing the whole cowl with all new clips and such?

Comment

ever leak i had all i did was replace the to clear plastic pieces from acura there about 3.00 each an no more leaks on 4 cars now

Comment

Looks like my last redo worked! We've been getting battered here in Norcal and my passenger side floor mats are dry, dry, dry!

I love it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X