Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn Passenger side water leaks!! 56k no no

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Wow Can't believe this thread is still being posted on like 2-3 years after I did it LOL.

    And the last thing I wanted was people fighting on it either -_-. As for BacardiBreezer, if it didn't work for your bf and you don't think it works thats fine, nothing wrong if you don't want to do it this way. Replacing the clips is one way, but I couldn't replace the window clip because its stuck under the glass because it holds it up and it was siliconed in place by the windshield silicone and rather risk breaking it I had to work with what I had. On another note silicone is used to seal windshield glass from leaking and that holds up perfectly fine, like i said prep is key here.

    properly sanded and cleaned metal useds with the proper silicone or any other water sealant will stop leaks. I just used a high temp one just because that area is exposed to heat form the sun and engine. It's held up fine, if it can be used on engines and stop leaks than it can be used on this, just needs to be cleaned and sanded a bit to make sure it adheres to the surface and needs time to cure. and make sure you smooth out the ends of the silicone so it's not just a GLOBS on the edges of the metal you want the water to be able to run and move of it not get stuck.

    I've yet to have any leaks from what I did 3 years later. Hope everyone is having the same luck.
    -="JHaradon: I put out doood....I don't even own a comb!"=-

    gearheadgirlie: haha arman you son of a bitch. you LOVE this topic. and you LOVE me..


    Team RR - Co Founder

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by SOL1D View Post
      Wow Can't believe this thread is still being posted on like 2-3 years after I did it LOL.

      And the last thing I wanted was people fighting on it either -_-. As for BacardiBreezer, if it didn't work for your bf and you don't think it works thats fine, nothing wrong if you don't want to do it this way. Replacing the clips is one way, but I couldn't replace the window clip because its stuck under the glass because it holds it up and it was siliconed in place by the windshield silicone and rather risk breaking it I had to work with what I had. On another note silicone is used to seal windshield glass from leaking and that holds up perfectly fine, like i said prep is key here.

      properly sanded and cleaned metal useds with the proper silicone or any other water sealant will stop leaks. I just used a high temp one just because that area is exposed to heat form the sun and engine. It's held up fine, if it can be used on engines and stop leaks than it can be used on this, just needs to be cleaned and sanded a bit to make sure it adheres to the surface and needs time to cure. and make sure you smooth out the ends of the silicone so it's not just a GLOBS on the edges of the metal you want the water to be able to run and move of it not get stuck.

      I've yet to have any leaks from what I did 3 years later. Hope everyone is having the same luck.
      It would be nice if the pics from the first post still worked. I want to know exactly what you're putting the silicone on. I did the 8 grommet fix and i still have a leak. Could you please re-post the pics?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by ChrisIsIced View Post
        It would be nice if the pics from the first post still worked. I want to know exactly what you're putting the silicone on. I did the 8 grommet fix and i still have a leak. Could you please re-post the pics?
        I guess when the boards switched the pics don't work anymore, when I get around to finding them on my computer i'll reupload them again no problem.
        -="JHaradon: I put out doood....I don't even own a comb!"=-

        gearheadgirlie: haha arman you son of a bitch. you LOVE this topic. and you LOVE me..


        Team RR - Co Founder

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by SOL1D View Post
          I guess when the boards switched the pics don't work anymore, when I get around to finding them on my computer i'll reupload them again no problem.
          Ok is it the big white clips in this pic? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...x/IMGP4751.jpg

          If so did you just put silicone around all the edges or do those clips pop off?

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by SOL1D View Post
            Wow Can't believe this thread is still being posted on like 2-3 years after I did it LOL.

            And the last thing I wanted was people fighting on it either -_-. As for BacardiBreezer, if it didn't work for your bf and you don't think it works thats fine, nothing wrong if you don't want to do it this way. Replacing the clips is one way, but I couldn't replace the window clip because its stuck under the glass because it holds it up and it was siliconed in place by the windshield silicone and rather risk breaking it I had to work with what I had. On another note silicone is used to seal windshield glass from leaking and that holds up perfectly fine, like i said prep is key here.

            properly sanded and cleaned metal useds with the proper silicone or any other water sealant will stop leaks. I just used a high temp one just because that area is exposed to heat form the sun and engine. It's held up fine, if it can be used on engines and stop leaks than it can be used on this, just needs to be cleaned and sanded a bit to make sure it adheres to the surface and needs time to cure. and make sure you smooth out the ends of the silicone so it's not just a GLOBS on the edges of the metal you want the water to be able to run and move of it not get stuck.

            I've yet to have any leaks from what I did 3 years later. Hope everyone is having the same luck.

            Worked for me!!
            no more leaky floor!

            Dm of mD

            Comment


            • #96
              So, I need to fix my leak.. damn Washington and its rain. I just want to verify with somebody who's done it. In the archived write up it says that part number 91608-sj6-003 is a "white rubber seal" but the dealer said its a little screw/rivet, and the description on acuraoemparts.com is "boot, screw rivet". So is that the "white rubber seal" or what? And would that probly fix my problem? As long as my rubber seal on the blower motor is still intact anyways...... I would like to know ASAP, so I don't get the wrong parts. Thanks.

              EDIT: Nevermind lol, went to the acura dealer and got em.....OH and, not sure if it is everywhere now or just here. But i called Honda and they said you have to go to the Acura dealer because its an Acura only part, lol even though its in Honda packaging.
              Last edited by dlo253; 27 Sep 2011, 01:01:44.

              Comment


              • #97
                Wow people are still looking at this thread? Well anyway just to let everyone know I fixed all the pictures on my original post so the pictures are now visible again. Sorry it took so long but totally forgot I was suppose to fix this a WHILE ago my bad everyone, hopefully people still find this useful.
                -="JHaradon: I put out doood....I don't even own a comb!"=-

                gearheadgirlie: haha arman you son of a bitch. you LOVE this topic. and you LOVE me..


                Team RR - Co Founder

                Comment


                • #98
                  Just in case anyone is looking for an alternative to silicone or replacing those grommets. Here is a fix that doesn't require taking anything apart and uses simple household items:


                  Yes, that is a beer funnel, pyrex pan, and duct tape.

                  I was going out of town and had to leave my car at the airport during a major storm. I have since fixed the leak. I had used silicone years ago to fix this leak and it suddenly came back. Turns out it was one of those white clip things like you guys mention in this post.

                  Enjoy the ghetto pics!

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    If I ever have to work on this again I'm taking it to the darn shop.
                    It's enough of a hassle that the rear right tail-light still leaks after siliconing up the whole rear end.
                    If the front ever starts leaking again, it's going to the shop!


                    Dm

                    Comment


                    • I think I might try that flex seal shit on it soon, I used it on something else and it worked pretty well.
                      sigpic

                      http://www.facebook.com/tunersports

                      Comment


                      • Yeah I thought of flex seal. Haha I'm using that if it ever comes back. Grommets and silicone did the trick tho hands down.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by detman101 View Post
                          Worked for me!!
                          no more leaky floor!

                          Dm of mD

                          Sonofabitch...it's leaking again.


                          Damnit...just one more year and I can get rid of this leaky piece of garbage car.
                          You get what you pay for and I'll never spend only $800 on a vehicle again unless it's a damned motorcycle.
                          An $800 car is bound to be a piece of $#!+.

                          Well, back under the cowl I go!
                          This time I'm building a damn cover to go over that damned Air Blower Intake hole.
                          I'll build it up around the sides and put a nice long cover over the top like what they use for peoples chimneys.
                          Like...a little plastic umbrella to go over that damnable hole...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dlo253 View Post
                            Yeah I thought of flex seal. Haha I'm using that if it ever comes back. Grommets and silicone did the trick tho hands down.
                            Flex seal doesn't work either.
                            That was the last solution I tried.
                            The last thing that worked was "Permatex® Flowable Silicone Windshield & Glass Sealer"
                            See more at: http://www.permatex.com/products-2/p....NADXHcW8.dpuf

                            However, that only lasted from April of 2014 - February of 2015.
                            And now, it's leaking again.

                            The only solution is to cover that damnable hole.
                            That or get rid of the stupid car....

                            I'm not spending the same amount to fix it that I paid for this rocket-turd of a car.

                            Comment


                            • I'd love to know why you keep slamming this car as a POS. What the hell did you expect man? It's a car built to be affordable and it's now 23-26 YEARS OLD. And no matter what you do, stuff breaks. The basic mechanical systems of this car, the engine, transmission, etc are rock solid and probably more reliable and well engineered than half of the stuff on sale today in 2015.

                              Anyways, I replaced all of the plastic and rubber pieces at the base of the windshield and the leak...is still there. It's much improved, but still there. Need to pin down the location soon and then, I guess, go nuts with some silicon? Blower motor is currently shot and I don't want to install another one until I sort this problem out.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DawsonB17A View Post
                                I'd love to know why you keep slamming this car as a POS. What the hell did you expect man? It's a car built to be affordable and it's now 23-26 YEARS OLD. And no matter what you do, stuff breaks. The basic mechanical systems of this car, the engine, transmission, etc are rock solid and probably more reliable and well engineered than half of the stuff on sale today in 2015.

                                Anyways, I replaced all of the plastic and rubber pieces at the base of the windshield and the leak...is still there. It's much improved, but still there. Need to pin down the location soon and then, I guess, go nuts with some silicon? Blower motor is currently shot and I don't want to install another one until I sort this problem out.
                                Did you replace the seal for the fresh air intake? That's the one that lets the most water in.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X