Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY: Fixing The Passenger Side Cowl Leak On A 90-93 Integra

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by DawsonB17A View Post
    G2Again, what is the required quantity of each part listed in the photo above? In your OP you said we need part # 91608-SJ6-003 in a quantity of 8. But what about the rest of these parts?
    It depends on the condition of your car/parts already on your car. For example, I ordered 5 or 6 of the 91608-SJ6-003 that were rotted or damaged on my car, but I only needed like 3 of the 91502-SK7-013. (Also that OP was not me...) Good luck!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by G2Again View Post
      It depends on the condition of your car/parts already on your car. For example, I ordered 5 or 6 of the 91608-SJ6-003 that were rotted or damaged on my car, but I only needed like 3 of the 91502-SK7-013. (Also that OP was not me...) Good luck!
      Thanks. In that case I might order 5-6 of the main parts and then 3-4 of everything else.

      Sidenote, does anyone know the part # for the entire windshield cowling piece? I need to have my replaced.

      Comment


      • #33
        Did the procedure described in this thread, and after 2 days of fairly steady rain (though garaged overnight) there's still a small leak in the passenger footwell, dripping from the same place as before. It's much improved, but still leaking.

        Dammit, on to plan B.

        Comment


        • #34
          So it turns out this method DID work, but when I reinstalled the smaller plastic panel piece the foam seal got moved inward somehow, creating a gap through which water could flow. I diagnosed this by removing the lower dash assembly and fan blower assembly, then positioned a garden hose to dump water onto the windshield cowl cover. After a few minutes it was easy to find the leak.

          So I disassembled everything at the base of the windshield again, repositioned the foam, and added a little insurance by Krazy gluing the section that had previously moved. Reassembled everything and waited 24 hours to check for a leak - no leak!

          Then replaced the blower motor and put everything back together inside the car. 45 days later, and during a very wet Fall here in NC and no leak! Hooray!

          Comment


          • #35
            I'm in the same boat. Blower motor finally went out and my floor is soaked. I had installed just the clear gaskets a couple years ago and it was fixed but not anymore. Took the two panels below the windshield off, took off the "third" plastic piece surrounding the vent and installed a new gasket in it, got all new plastic clips (picked up some extra as well), and also picked up some really thin plastic cutting boards. I cut a sheet of cutting board to fit over top of that vent surround and then drilled matching holes in each and clipped it down with the extra clips. Since it didn't line up perfectly I lined up the "bubbles" of the cutting board to match the corners in the front. It looked like there was a channel on one side anyway, I was thinking more airflow since I'm blocking most of it. I then installed the modified vent cover/surround, and installed new clips to hold it down. It's been on there for almost a week without any replacement of the gaskets, plastic covers, or the passenger side wiper above it and I haven't had any water issues yet. I haven't installed any covers since I'm in line for a new windshield.

            Comment


            • #36
              Hope you stay leak free!

              Comment

              Working...
              X