No announcement yet.

WRITE UP: JDM B20b into 92-93 LS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ls is on its last breaths so im in need of a swap, i was thinkin of doin this swap but i have some rs machine pistons and a new p75 head to put on i just need to find out what will be cheaper to do

Comment

Bump just because!

Comment

Just some additional info on using the B20Z intake manifold...

Since I got a USDM B20Z, they didn't steal the TPS off of it. I left the complete manifold on with the box on top. This is what I did:

1. wire in the OBD2 injectors
        2. extend the wires to the OBD2 map sensor on the throttle body
        3. attach the stock LS throttle cable to the bracket on the B20 throttle body
        4. get a small cable clamp and take up the extra slack in the throttle cable down at the pedal assembly
        5. take a cutoff wheel and cut part of the frame of the hood so that the box on the intake clears (could probably add spacers to the hood instead)

But... as illustrated in this pic, a strut bar won't exactly bolt in anymore if you do that:

Comment

What purpose does the plastic box serve?
          1956 Ford F100 Custom pickup, Chevy powered
          1992 Integra GS LS/VTEC
          2015 Porsche Macan (Arriving Jul 2014)

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuy View Post
            What purpose does the plastic box serve?
            It's not plastic, it's aluminum like the intake manifold. It's supposed to act as a resonator of some kind. It would theoretically increase the volume of the plenum. Definitely doesn't hurt performance based on my previous dyno numbers. Also, someone who had seen my dyno graph before said that mine was much smoother with the box on in the midrange than others that they had seen without it (something about there being some choppy areas with some of the ones with LS intake manifolds).

Comment

I didn't realize it was physically linked to the manifold. It looks like something that was added on top similar to the covers on the V6s and the Ks. Thanks for the info.
              1956 Ford F100 Custom pickup, Chevy powered
              1992 Integra GS LS/VTEC
              2015 Porsche Macan (Arriving Jul 2014)

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuy View Post
                I didn't realize it was physically linked to the manifold. It looks like something that was added on top similar to the covers on the V6s and the Ks. Thanks for the info.
                Yes, it is attached to the intake manifold. If you look at h93da6's pictures, he was removing it and had the large hole in the top of the manifold he had to plug.

Comment

Seen a bunch of B20 stuff up, so here's a refresher BUMP!!!

Comment

Need a lil help What motor mount did u use for the b20 swap ?driver top?

Comment

Rawel, the B20 block has all of the same bolt holes as a B18A block on the outside, but any brackets that came on it are most likely CRV specific. So, the driver side upper mount bracket that came on the B20 should be taken off and replaced with your Integra one. Then your Integra mounts will bolt up. The same goes for the rear mount bracket, accessory brackets, and anything else that is Integra specific.

Comment

What phatcardesigns said. Reuse the integra stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X