Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang image limit...
    6. Clean hole

7. New joint with the old (note the new type don't actually have a C Clip so hammering it in isn't really ideal)

8. Jig it up like so ...

9. Turn the C Clamp ... nearly there

10. Done ... all in 5 minutes work ...

Comment

THANK YOU mrpenny! This is exactly what I wanted to see and I hope others did to. Thank you again.

Comment

7. New joint with the old (note the new type don't actually have a C Clip so hammering it in isn't really ideal)

The new ball joints I just purchased, have the C Clip removed from the new boot, so they can be installed after the ball joint is installed, which may allow for hammering, but I will probably just use the C Clamp. Thanks again.

Comment

Aggazi to the rescue, again

I personaly just use a single socket and put the stearing knuckle into a vice, 2 swings of the hamer usualy breaks it loose and 1 puts it in

Comment

damn that's awesome. i vote for this to be stickied

archivethis

Comment

When I did mine, I couldnt get the tool to work for removal. Ended up just using a BFH. But it was heaven-sent when I used it to put the new balljoint in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
                The new ball joints I just purchased, have the C Clip removed from the new boot, so they can be installed after the ball joint is installed, which may allow for hammering, but I will probably just use the C Clamp. Thanks again.
                No problemo, just passing it along

Comment

Originally posted by synsei View Post
                  When I did mine, I couldnt get the tool to work for removal. Ended up just using a BFH. But it was heaven-sent when I used it to put the new balljoint in.
                  Same here.. for removal, you don't need the tool.. just spray the top of the balljoint with PB Blaster and then a few wacks with the BFH and out it cums.. all over your face! Easy as cake.

For install, you're not supposed to use a hammer, the tool should work fine.. goes in nice and smooth.. like a 16yr old sheep.

Comment

Working...
                  X