'Stickying' Important threads in respective subforums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Stickying' Important threads in respective subforums

I started using G2IC the beginning of the year, and I have found it a bit difficult finding specific threads. It's possible that I'm not using the search feature properly, but I feel like it doesn't suit the site well since most of the useful information is from years ago. If there are going to be some changes made, I think the useful threads should be put in the subforums they are related to, with the use of a folder or something. That way if I am looking for information on my upgrading my suspension I don't have to dig through the archives/teg tips or search the entire forum. It may also be nice to have the archives just as they are and the suspension related articles linked in a folder under that subforum. This is probably a very time consuming thing to overcome, though.

Just an opinion. Still love the site!

Also, if anyone knows a better way to search, suggestions are welcome. It seems like I always end up with a ton of the same threads no matter what I search.

Im having a very hard time too searching. What I do is go to google than search "whatever g2ic" works perfectly. Try it.

Comment

Originally posted by posjr View Post
      Im having a very hard time too searching. What I do is go to google than search "whatever g2ic" works perfectly. Try it.
      Works like a charm!

Comment

I think the search engine index may need rebuilding, which is what is causing problems. I too have seen the issues you're having. My plan is to rebuild the index after the site is moved to a better server. It's on my to-do list.
        NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
        Sep 2015 ODOMETER: ~555K km / ~345K miles.
        ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Working...
        X