X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90DA-Pedro
    started a topic Security and Theft prevention forum

Security and Theft prevention forum

Hi, I would just like to recomend a forum area for this site.

I have been here for a few year, as also on Honda-tech for a few years now.

On Honda-tech, they also have a security forum,

And I feel, it would be nice to have on this site.

The basic commen since items would be nice to be in one area,

and this would eliminate the many threads in many diffrent forums on this site.

Thanks, Jose.

I understand thats a bit of work. However, I think it would give us a higher chance in keeping our tegs.

Also should be locked so only members can view.
    I understand a theif can just register however,
    It would help a little bit from a theif just searching forums for this kind of thing.

• gilcontr
    replied
    Just give FCM his own section!!!!!!!!!! he'd be able to answer anything i think. talk about knowledge bases! seriously! that guy needs to be given an award or something! i'm up for contributing toward that! many cookies to fcm!

Leave a comment:

• pito2003ac
    replied
    yea im in the process of building a garage,have been debating if im going 2 want to add windows or not.. got motion sensors and alarm for the garage. rite now i got my turbo'd integra sitting outside cant sleep good at nite haha!

Leave a comment:

• darin d
    replied
    Lmao junkman, I would also advise against this. What better way to protect ourselves then to throughly discuss all security provisions on the internet. If you do not have the patience to properly install your own security, then you might as well not bother with any. 90% of shop installed alarms are useless in preventing theft, and most kill switches ect are poorly installed also making them useless. If you want to learn more about car security, go explore the12volt.com, and spend due time planning your installation.

Leave a comment:

• theJunkman
    replied
    if you have a garage with windows use shoe polish or something to cloud them so a would be jacker cant see in.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

get a garage is prolly one of the only ways to stop it. like junkman said if they want they going to get it thats just life.

but you can always try!
    Last edited by tonys2teg; 27 Jul 2006, 14:45:58.

Leave a comment:

• theJunkman
    replied
    First and foremost I dont even drive a honda or acura anymore. If I did I STILL wouldnt put an alarm or anything else on it for the reasons I listed in my previous posts. I'm picking up a 92 Accord 5speed coupe in a month or two so please anyone reading this come by and steal it I could use the insurance money. But haha ok man just make sure to call it "How to steal an Integra 101". Can the first thread be titled "List the manufacturer , type , and number of security features on your car along with your city , so those who steal cars that are reading this can make a note of it" ?

Its a poor excuse? I mean you really want to keep a car after some lowlife peice of shit did a ton of damage to it? Wow just wow. That to me would be a key sign that its time to move on and buy something less attractive to theft. Part whats left of it out and put a down payment on something new or buy something old outright.

Bold face type is really scary by the way. If someone wants my car they'll get it no matter what and at point they can have it.

Personally I love the part where you imply that you're going to spring into action and fight off someone trying to steal your car. Thats all well and good unless of course they have a knife or gun or another tool or are bigger than you and can kick your ass. I mean what then? Its a fucking car. It can be replaced. But I know I know you know karate or have some kind of insane sniper rifle that shoots plastic bullets or some other shit that magically stops would be felons in their tracks. Get over it.

I know alittle bit about cars. I can do various novice entry level things with hand tools. I know I can hotwire a car. I know the location of the hood release cable from the outside of the car. The location of the main fuel relay , ecu , and fuse panel. I have a pretty good idea of where lojack places their transponders. This is all info I got from doing a 10 second search. But please lets make it even easier for people to find out how to steal integras.

N FUL FX asked for opinions and I gave mine if you dont like it tough shit.
    This argument could go on forever with both sides stating their case.
    Bottom line they want it they will get it and NOTHING not lojack , a kill switch , an alarm , karate , a magic sniper rifle , UBER-starter kill 4001 , the club , or the autolock will stop them.

Leave a comment:

• 90DA-Pedro
    replied
    well I dont want a $1,200 check for a car I have over $7,000 into.

And we dont all live in the most stolen cars city of america,
    I dont live in downtown nashville, so theft isnt Huge,

The police dept where I live do have lojack, and they dont have things
    like what you speak of in the larger cities, so to me its a bit more important.

Every single person who gets their car stolen says the same exact thing,
    they will get it in th end. what a poor excuse.

If someone breaks into my car, and it takes them 1 min to get throught all the stuff I have installed,
    thats 1min I can run to my car and most likely they will run off.
    and if they dont I'll help show them they way out.

I really dont care How Pointless you see it.

But I have seen people who steal and use to steal.
    and say they'll pass up a car with some things on it becuase its just as easy to find another Honda,
    Maybe yours, that doesnt have those things.
    Last edited by 90DA-Pedro; 27 Jul 2006, 08:20:31.

Leave a comment:

• theJunkman
    replied
    They want my car they can take it. Even when I had my integra and my emblems and center caps were stolen I felt the same way. Someone had the balls to steal shit from my car. Good for them. They'll get theres in the end.

Leave a comment:

• theJunkman
    replied
    Again there wouldnt be a fight. The alarm kill switches autolocks are not match for the tow truck or 13 year old kid with the clubbuster (tool that can remove the club and autolock in under 40 seconds) , back up ecu's , mainfuel relays , and any kind of lock pick you've ever seen.

I worked for a branch of a national auto insurance company here in NJ when I was in school. Hondas and acuras would disappear left and right. The best story out of my time there was the person or persons that would steal hondas and acuras and mail the alarms and lojack units back to the people they stole the cars from.

Most of the time we didnt find shells or when we did they were in pieces scatterd throughout various dumpsters and construction sights.

I live 5 mins outside of newark NJ. Former stolen car mecca of america. Please dont try educate me on how to prevent my car from getting stolen. I have stressed this thousands of times : insurance is the best weapon. Although finding someone to cover aftermarket parts or give you any kind of money for a 13-17 year old car isnt exactly easy.

Aftermaket auto protection , especially in the NJ/NY metro area, is the biggest gimick going. No one even pays attention to car alarms , NJ police are NOT required to have lojack locator units in their cars NOR are they required to use lojack locator units to find your car as they have more important things to do (arrest murderes rapists and other more violent offenders).

Go down without a fight ? Hardly. Having someone break my window , damage my ignition / electrical system , or steal my insurance card so they can steal my car at a later time doesnt really appeal to me too much. Nor does being stranded on the side of the highway because my "state of the art" alarm decided to arm itself , go to defcon 5 , and shut down the car.

We dont have amateur hour here. If your car gets stolen and it a honda or acura there is a very good chance that you'll never see it again. If they do recover it you WONT want it back. I'd much rather have them steal the car with little or trouble meaning they wont vandalize it further or come back later for a return trip pick up which may put me or my car at further risk. It would be alot easier to call the insurance company and wait 30-60 days for a small check (blue book on the car).

The illusion that a new forum would do anything is what bothers me. Its like when people insist on listing every mod they have or showing their license plates or location. It might end up being a great guide for people trying to steal integras.

But hey what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• 90DA-Pedro
    replied
    We already know that.

Are you saying you would rather just give your G2 up without a fight?????

Becuase thats what it seems like.

This forum would help many people.
    It will give a chance for them to keep their teg.

A commen theif will most likely pass it on if there are 20 thing on the car.

Having an alarm, autolock, kill switches, relays etc.. will def give you a fighting chance.

but hey, go ahead and just hand over you baby.
    I'm not going down without a fight.

Theft

Just recently over at H-T a guy went to the mall of america.
    he came back finding his car had been brocken into.
    but they didnt get past all the stuff he had done to it.
    they popped the doors, and tore apart the ignition.

he atleat came back to his car being there.
    Wouldnt you?

Leave a comment:

• theJunkman
    replied
    i've got the answer to every thread in the security and theft forum

NOTHING will stop the right person with a tow truck.

Leave a comment:

• 90DA-Pedro
    replied
    So, whats goin on? Is it possible we could get this forum or what?

Thanks, Jose

Leave a comment:

• 91_bullet
    replied
    i like it your right, it should have its own forum!

Leave a comment:

• 90DA-Pedro
    replied
    Well thanks guys, so far so good.

I just feel that G2IC needs a forum that teaches everyone,
    How to protect their integra.

Not say Where to install a kill switch, But how to. and on what you can.
    And many many other items can be talked about etc....

BTW, I need to know where to send my write-ups,
    I have one that goes thru all the steps of fixing your blower motor, And with many pictures,
    like the blower resistor, fuse, fan switch knob etc......
    Where do I post or send these?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X