A good suggestion for the Commerce Section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good suggestion for the Commerce Section

on a few of the other forums i visit, they have a feature that requires moderator approval before you can edit a post that is more than 10 minutes old. i think that something like this would be good for the commerce section to prevent scams or anything to that nature. that way they can't change prices, or any form of contact info that they posted publicly. i found out about this feature on another forum after i tried to edit a post i made to add a pic to it, and it said that since it was posted more than 10 minutes prior, i had to have moderator approval before i could edit it.

the only downer i can think of would be the fact that the commerce section is a "high edit" area and that would mean that a moderator would pretty much HAVE to be around for the edit to be done in a timely fashion. perhaps making a few trusted OG's moderators of the commerce section but only commerce sections. not having any banning authority or anything, just being the only ones allowed to approve/deny/edit posts in the commerce section.

might be a little tricky at first, but COULD give some members more "peace of mind" when dealing in the commerce section. that way, if they see an edit of some kind in a for sale thread, they'll know that AT LEAST a moderator KNOWS of the edit. it wasn't done in a "snakey" fashion.

or

mods?
    sigpic
    **follow my build thread**

i agree because dj_justice bought a car from someone on g2ic, got ripped off and then the seller ever so conveniently edited his post

Comment

there's one supporter. who else likes it?
      sigpic
      **follow my build thread**

Comment

I had it set up like that before, but the members requested it to be removed. We do not have the manpower to approve all edited posts in the commerce section. Once the members preferred it the forum to be editable, that's when I set up the "edited by" message to warn people about when a post is edited.
        NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
        ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

What about posts that have been deleted? I've been bored and browsing the forums here and I have noticed an incident in which a few posts have been deleted to conceal information

Comment

Originally posted by b18ch1ck View Post
            i agree because dj_justice bought a car from someone on g2ic, got ripped off and then the seller ever so conveniently edited his post
            dj_justice edited his own posts as well.......
            http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162693

buyers and sellers need to use the transaction trader rating...

more often than not, when there's a thread in the Transaction dispute forum, the person with the dispute is not using the trader rating part of g2ic, but instead ranting in a thread. i try and remind them to use this feature, but some ppl post angry and go away.

The ONLY reason a post gets deleted in the for sale or wtb is because the post does not follow forum rules (title, content, etc)
            We do close a thread from time to time if the thread starter requests it because all items are sold or no longer for sale, and they don't want to be asked anymore.
            Last edited by Dawminatrix; 08 Apr 2007, 04:39:11.
            http://gregtyree.com/wp-content/uplo...ct-the-van.png

Comment

so the person posting in the thread doesn't have the power somewhere to delete his/her own post. I just recently started posting in threads here again. Mostly i've been browsing the teg tips for the past year. I need to read the general posts and re-learn this thread. Thanks for letting me know about the inability to delete. I need to make sure that i actually need to post there then.

Comment

Working...
              X