Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: add fuel treatment to full tank or empty tank?

natedog104640

add fuel treatment to full tank or empty tank?

I went and picked up some fuel treatment and fuel injector cleaner today. The guy at the store said that I should wait till the tank is almost completely empty, then add the treatment, then fill up my tank on top of it. However, the bottles say to add entire contents into full gas tank. I know that some of you have had to have used this stuff before so which is correct?

red teggie
    the only reason they said to add it when it's empty, then fill it up, is to mix it up with the fuel.
    You should be fine either way..

pirate252
    It will mix more evenly if you dump gas on top of it, but if you just put it in whenever it will slosh around enough to mix it just from driving around, but you may get more/less of a concentration than if you mixed it properly depending on how much gas you have in the tank and how much gas it is suposed to treat...

At least wait till your tank is halfway empty, dump it in and put some gas in after...

Banned
    u aint trin to use the stuff thats 2/$1 at walmart are u?.. it dont work worth a shit

natedog104640
    Nah, I'm usin the STP.

pirate252
    I like seafoam, and that kinda yellowish stuff in the very small bottle, cant remeber what it is...

get a bottle of seafoam.. dump it in the tank and fill it up halfway.. get your $$$s worth.

natedog104640
    does that mean that the STP isnt worth it?

The only one I would use other than seafoam is the chevron stuff.. my jeep ran like hell with it in the tank but who knows if it actually cleaned something inside.

natedog104640
    Next time I guess I'll get the seafoam.

lucas works really well...i have tried lucas, chevron and seafoam and i would have to say the lucas and the chevron works best for me...hth

natedog104640
    I actually went in to get the Lucas, but the didnt have it. They had the Lucas everything else, but I guess they were out of the fuel treatment.

pirate252
    LUCAS! that was what I couldnt remeber, but I agree, seafoam, lucas and chevron techron are the best 3 I can think of....

natedog104640
    Has anyone used the STP? Is that any good?

I've used it... didn't notice anything. Don't use zmax though.. its all the same stuff just different colors. I dumped the tiny bottle in my auto tranny and 2 weeks later it blew up.

natedog104640
    The guy at the store said that all he used was the STP, and that it "really worked well." But I guess he just wanted my money.

Banned
    lucas is the best no questions asked.. it revived my grandmas old renault alliance.. it can revive anything

the little bottles cost way too much tho

u get the big bottle for $8.. (vs $3 for small) and its 16oz instead of 3oz..

put it in every tank.. i dunno if its a fluke or not.. somehow i went from 23 to almost 30mpg with the same style driving after i put it in

so it doesnt matter if you pour the whole can of seafoam in? will it smoke really bad?

natedog104640
    Wow, this stuff aint bad. Its only been a day, but I notice that the startup is a lot better. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the gas level to see if it has an effect in my mpg.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by natedog104640
    Wow, this stuff aint bad. Its only been a day, but I notice that the startup is a lot better. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the gas level to see if it has an effect in my mpg.

which one you using?
    lucus or seafoam?