Thread: Lucas Oil Stabilizer Need Help!

Lucas Oil Stabilizer Need Help!

So I have noticed I am burning oil, probably because I commute 4 days a week, and have decided to give Lucas Oil stabilizer a try. So how much do I put in? I searched the web and G2IC, and read that you should use 20% stabilizer and 80% oil, so would 3 quarts of oil and 1 quart of stabilizer be ok? Please I am doing my oil change now so if someone could reply ASAP, that would be awesome! TIA

spoolinVolvo
    you need to check your math, your at 75/25% whats wrong with adding oil? then you know its in there

Fastback
    Stabilizer is the same as just using a heavier weight oil isn't it? IMO, if you are losing oil, you should try to find the problem, not band aid it.

I commute 5 days a week, mostly freeway and it really just means more frequent changes.

Stabilizer is NOT the same as using a heavier weight oil.
    The Lucas Oil stabilizer tends to cause frothing if it's moved around a lot, and for that reason I will never use it.
    Wray

theoneandonly
    Ive looked up reviews on them all, if your looking for something to posably fix your problem try engine restore if you want something in a bottle you can add to the oil. Ive tried lucas before it all it really does is since its synthetic it doesnt smoke, it just burns out without as much notice. Also it seemed to take away some power having that thick stuff in the motor (its like honey if you havent seen it before)

I'm burning oil and going thru about 3 litres of oil between oil changes. When I got my oil changed last week my mechanic (who is excellent and know his stuff) suggested Lucas oil stabilizer. I didn't put any in at that oil change because he didn't happen to have any. He said to use 1 litre of Lucas to 3 litres of oil on my next oil change. He said I should see a noticeably lower consumption of oil then.

I wasn't asking for your opinions on the product, just how to use it. I called Lucas Oil and they told me the mix ratio (great customer service BTW) and last night I went out for a spirited drive, after doing an oil change, and noticed I have no more valve ticking, and noticed at higher RPM's the engine just seems smoother. The product is thick as fu** but have no complaints so far. I will update this thread to inform the uninformed how the product really works. No offense to those who voiced their opinion, just that this was the wrong forum for it.

Fastback
    You know for a fact you are burning oil or do you have an oil leak? What I was getting at is, if you have a leak, an additive isn't going to help and actually finding the problem is usually going to be worth the effort...

dnt know if it was said, but the bottle of lucas equates to a quart, use one bottle and the rest oil..say for instance it takes 4quarts to fill your oil..use 3quarts of oil and a bottle(1quart) of lucas

I am burning oil, not leaking. I also stepped up the oil to 10-40 instead on 10-30. The guy at Lucas Oil stated that my Integra needs 4 qts. of oil, so 3.5 qts. of oil, and .5 qts. of stabilizer will do fine. Plus I have another .5 qt. for my next oil change. Like I said, so far I am happy!

my truck takes 4quarts and i just dump in the quart in the truck..it dnt hurt anything, my truck runs as good if not better when i first got it (95k miles) and now has 226k miles

Fastback
    I have a ticking sound too, but usually when I notice it and check my oil, the oil is a little low. When I fill it back to the correct level, the noise goes away. Wow, 226K. Only seen one higher than that; my buddy had 320k on his, on the original motor (almost all highway/commute miles).

yea mine is highway mileage too, i use to travel 100 miles+ everyday for two years going to school, so mileage racked up pretty fast, oil change every month, and i started using lucas religiously..22r FTW