Thread: Squeaky noise from suspension when turning?

kidenrge

Squeaky noise from suspension when turning?

Sup, well I'll get straight to the point. When I make a fast left turn my rear right suspension components squeak. Mind you I have stock suspension all around. The sound is kind of like the sound of a spring kind of "squeaking" into its place on the shock, ya know? Anyways I REALLY need help w/ this, first my steering wheel squeals when I turn and now this, so embaressing . Oh and this only happens when I turn fast (not very often), not when I go slow.

Oh and one more thing while I'm at it. I recently did my Stanley sidemarker install and therefore had to take off ALL the screws around the wheelwell. Well those little plastic things are ****, pure ****. Almost all of them stripped so I had to snap them off. How much would new ones cost me from Acura? I would preferably buy some screws to go there, but that hole is a stupid ass square. Any advice? TIA.

Stew

G2IC Commander

Re: Squeaky noise from suspension when turning?

Originally posted by kidenrge
    Sup, well I'll get straight to the point. When I make a fast left turn my rear right suspension components squeak. Mind you I have stock suspension all around. The sound is kind of like the sound of a spring kind of "squeaking" into its place on the shock, ya know? Anyways I REALLY need help w/ this, first my steering wheel squeals when I turn and now this, so embaressing . Oh and this only happens when I turn fast (not very often), not when I go slow.

Oh and one more thing while I'm at it. I recently did my Stanley sidemarker install and therefore had to take off ALL the screws around the wheelwell. Well those little plastic things are ****, pure ****. Almost all of them stripped so I had to snap them off. How much would new ones cost me from Acura? I would preferably buy some screws to go there, but that hole is a stupid ass square. Any advice? TIA.

Stew
    might need new bushings. or lube em up with some synthetic grease. check your strut bolts on top. if i were you id just get new shocks/springs while im down there =P

ya those screws suck. after my first integra im very careful with those. no idea about replacements sorry
    autozone online repair manual
    http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId...leSelected.htm

supplement with haynes manual from pep boys (<$15). includes vital troubleshooting and maintenence schedules.

pics of all gsr rims

b-series dynos

Well, I dunno about the squeaking, but I know that over here the little plastic screws are available at most auto parts stores, and cost a couple of bucks for a pack of 6 or so, don't know if i'd try getting them from the dealer...

I went to get the tiny horn badge for my stock steering wheel from the dealer and they wanted to charge me AUS$25... stuff that! I'll do without... unless someone would like to send me one

kidenrge
    Haha, yeah they like to overcharge on almost everything. Thanks for the help guys.

Stew