Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K20 or H22 engine and trans swap?

hannas92GSR

K20 or H22 engine and trans swap?

i own a 92 integra GSR and want to do a type s engine and trans swap (K20 w/ 6 speed) or the H22 engine and trans and was wondering if anybody has either of these swaps and had some advice or interested in the stock B17 after i do the swap

'93 Milano Red GS-R #0363

id be interested in the b17. lmk more about it.

H2B and F2B are good options for the DA.

I think a JDM F20B engine with a short geared YS1 B-series transmission would be a potent setup for a decent price.

hannas92GSR
    only payin 1800 for H22 engine trans power steering pump ecu harness n manifolds

Quote Originally Posted by hannas92GSR View Post
    only payin 1800 for H22 engine trans power steering pump ecu harness n manifolds
    I wouldn't want to use the H22A transmission. I can't stand the cable actuators, and I'm not cutting a hole in my chassis to mount those pieces of shit either.

It shifts like butter though. Thats one thing I can say about my H22A.
    www.positive-youth.com | poison free.

Quote Originally Posted by IdntGlwIglisten View Post
    It shifts like butter though. Thats one thing I can say about my H22A.
    If by butter you mean gooey and soft, yes.

I'll take direct shift linkage over Accord/Prelude cable actuators ANYDAY. I drove a car with cable actuators for 4 years and couldn't wait to have shift linkage.

Personally, I would get the H2B kit, get a cable B-Series YS1 transmisson case, and then put the internals from a USDM DC2 GS-R into it. An H22 with DC2 GS-R gears would rip shit up.

It costs a little more $$$ though.

hannas92GSR
    woundnt really cost extra considering i already own a 92 GSR that came with a tranny lol

hannas92GSR
    email me any questions you have bout the engine pvthanna@hotmail.com it runs like a beast at 215K miles its alot but has been well taken care of

woundnt really cost extra considering i already own a 92 GSR that came with a tranny lol
    Nice.

...But I wouldn't want GS-R YS1 gearing on an H22. It would be fast as hell, but you owuldn't be able to drive over 80 on the freeway without working the longer stroked H22 too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by kNOwLedGe420 View Post
    Nice.

...But I wouldn't want GS-R YS1 gearing on an H22. It would be fast as hell, but you owuldn't be able to drive over 80 on the freeway without working the longer stroked H22 too hard.
    Put an LS 5th in it

mine sits at 3k at 70mph

hannas92GSR
    ok so i know i want to keep my direct shift linkage i love it so what would i need to get a good top end around 120 mph?

hannas92GSR
    also im going to pretty much rebuild the whole engine but keeping it N/A my goal is to make about a high 9 sec completely N/A daily driver

ok so i know i want to keep my direct shift linkage i love it so what would i need to get a good top end around 120 mph?
    The only way to retain direct shift linkage is to use the H2B plate and a B-series transmission.

also im going to pretty much rebuild the whole engine but keeping it N/A my goal is to make about a high 9 sec completely N/A daily driver?

The fatest daily driven Hondas I know are all in the 12s. Do you know how hard it is to get a Honda in the 9 second range? I don't know if any 9 second NA Hondas even exist...

digitalHorizon
    Jojo was running 10.46 in his car in full street trim. Now, it wasn't driven every day, but theoretically it could've been.

As far as NA street cars, I don't think anything faster than a 12 would be very much fun to drive or put gas in every day.

my friend has an h22 swapped civic & it was a huge bitch! he really only had a few hours each day after work. it ended up taking him a while & the engine beats the shit out of the car. he's had to replace 2 axles. when he did the swap he had to cut out his original d15 mounts on the car & get some h22 swap mounts welded to his chassis.

granted he is running untuned, cool air intake, 3in exhaust, & some weight reduction mods, he's running 14.1's.

i think the JDM h22 put out around 200 horse to the flywheel & 175 or so to the wheel & around 156 tourque or so stock
    Parts 4 Sale

TT coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by slackerintegra View Post
    granted he is running untuned, cool air intake, 3in exhaust, & some weight reduction mods, he's running 14.1's.
    That's pretty crappy. B18C-R equipped Civic hatchbacks with bolt-ons, stiff suspension, simple tuning and drag radials run in the low 13 second range.

The same setup with a K-series has Civics easily in the mid 12 second range.

Quote Originally Posted by kNOwLedGe420 View Post
    The only way to retain direct shift linkage is to use the H2B plate and a B-series transmission.

The fatest daily driven Hondas I know are all in the 12s. Do you know how hard it is to get a Honda in the 9 second range? I don't know if any 9 second NA Hondas even exist...
    N/A running 9s would probably cost you alot more than its worth.

hate to say it but i think expecting a 9 second N/A is going to be very hard to accomplish.

especialy out here in the thin air of colorado