Thread: My Check Engine light wont turn on?

My Check Engine light wont turn on?

I turn car to ON and the check engine light wont come on, even when i jump the ECU it wont blink? I am having gas issues with the car, i check the wire harness going to the fuel pump and they all seem to be getting electricity. What is the issue?

Bulb burnt out!!!! Need more detail on the fuel issue.

To be more elaborate on the fuel issue, it is not priming, i dont here the fuel pump priming and the fuel is not reaching my injectors, they are as dry as can be. Usually when you turn the key to on, you here a wizz noise coming from the fuel pump, but nothing. The Fuel pump relay is working but the actual fuel pump is not. I got a SOHC d16z6 1.6 Vtec inside my '91 LS, dont ask i just thought it would be cool.

Cool a D16 just like in Japan.

I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. You just get this car recently? Has it ever run? Looks to me like the MFR is toast and either the engine light is burnt out or removed previously so the other owner didn't have to stare at it and perhaps not to alarm the intended buyer.

No.. It ran before with my b18 but then that engine got hydrolocked...

bulb burned out , wrong ecm , thats what i think with the info you have

If you just baught the car alot of the time the people who had it before you had a problem with it and the Check Engine Light wouldnt turn off so when they sell it they will un plug the who light so when you come to check it out and drive it you dont see the light on. Its rare that the bulb just goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophat View Post
    No.. It ran before with my b18 but then that engine got hydrolocked...
    Explain to me what you mean by "the engine got hydrolocked", and yeah I know it has nothing to do with the engine you have now. I'll go with the MFR again for not priming. Check with FCM in the electrical forum for the possible fuse answer. Plus, I'll go with 94vtecs' wrong ECM verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by honda94vtec View Post
    bulb burned out , wrong ecm , thats what i think with the info you have

A wrong ecm would still try to prove out the cel, then it would start firing codes for missing or incorrect i/o's. The bulb, if it worked with the B18 in it, is burnt out. It does happen from time to time. If it never worked I would say it isnt there.

As for the fuel I would stick with evtsteward and say the MFR is faulty, the diag on that has been covered a bunch on here so all you have to do is search the car wont start threads for your answer on that

Alright, well ill change the MFR. And the original owner of the car was my cousin and we drove it all the time, he drove in a puddle on a bad rainy day and it sucked up water. So he took out the motor and went to rebuild it, he put it in his hatch, so he gave me his DA shell. That is how i got it. And i so happened to have a D16Z6 sitting in the back yard so i replaced all the pumps and timed the car. It only has 30-35k miles on it. Everything seemed to work fine just that the engine light isn't coming on and no prime. But i will change the MFR and check to see. It does click but a click means nothing.

could it be the ECU just went bad? you said the ECu won't flash when you jump the connector- sounds like a bad ECU to me.

ECM test.JPG